𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐨𝐡 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

J. Kaufman

"I need this team to survive."

"I don't see the logic in that idea."

"Of course you don't! You don't have the brain of a genius like me."

Of course not, what was I thinking? 

"Now... you've been with the CCPA for how long, again?" The man leaned forward, his eyes pinning him back against the chair.

Kaufman blinked down at his bruised hands. His heart was pumping much faster and he could feel sweat start to form across his forehead. 

"Hey, we had a deal," the man stood in front of him and folded his arms across his chest. Two large bodyguards stood like statues guarding the doors. 

"For a long time," Kaufman looked him straight in the eyes. The man just leaned forward and smirked.

"You're going to regret that," he turned to his bodyguards and nodded his head to untie Kaufman's wrists.

"You're letting me go?"

"Please, you're useless. As I said, I wanted this team to survive, so go on."

Kaufman was hesitant. What if they put some sort of tracking device on him or were really planning to capture the rest of the team? He couldn't do it, he couldn't go back now.

"Sir, we have a report of the two guys back at home base," one of the bodyguards said.

"Who? Carmen and that other guy?"

The guard nodded.

He smiled. "Good, I know my boy Carmen did me well, send him to come down here."

"Sir, they fear Blake is in critical condition and should be looked at."

"What? What happened?"

"We should get going, we could get more information once we see them."

The man turned and looked at Kaufman, then to the second guard. "See that he makes his way out and back to his van."

"Yes, sir."

He then turned to the first guard who was opening the metal door. "Take me to them, I need this boy alive."

"Of course, Walter."

With a slam of the door, the second guard that remained yanked Kaufman up and led them to the beaten tech van.

"What's going to happen to me? What's Walter planning?"

The guard looked irritated. "Don't worry, I'm sure he's not going to touch you."

Kaufman scoffed. "If I know my brother, he would do anything in order to hurt me again."

"Just go back to where you came from, okay."

"I'm sure I'm not safe anymore."

"Whatever," the guard let go of him and handed him the keys, he then went back through the exit they came from.

Kaufman was left standing alone behind the concrete building. The van was parked in front of him and looked all beaten up. There were multiple dents on the doors and holes from bullets punctured the handles. Luckily nothing inside was damaged and the windows were intact.

All his life he had been running from Walter. Now it finally caught up with him.

"I never wanted to hurt you, you're just making this impossible."

Brother. Kaufman never knew what the word meant. He had joined the CCPA to stop his brother, now it's just making the whole case worse. He had no family of his own, not until recently.

Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Looking down, feeling disappointed and a bit guilty, he knew what he had to do next. He couldn't stay with the team, and definitely not the CCPA. Now that Walter knew where he was and who he was associated with, it was way too dangerous.

The only question left was: what was he going to tell Micheal?

A/N

Shorter chapter because bigger things are coming --> [mwahahaha]

Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus will give you rest.