𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒: 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

Micheal Bourne

Bourne couldn't see anything over the cloud of dust combined with smoke. Although parts of the sky were visible through the fallen ceiling, it didn't let in any sunlight. Dark clouds started forming above him.

He started calling out for Giselle and Charlie, but he got no response. The panic that they were gone for good started taking its course.

He tried getting up, reaching over to hold onto something. He couldn't move anything from the waist down. He could feel the pain starting to rip through his legs and move upwards. 

"Bourne!" He heard somebody start calling.

"Over here!" He yelled more. He tried wiggling out again and again.

"What happened?" Vanessa came over to him and reached for his arms, yanking them.

"Matthew?" Bourne saw him run over and reach for him.

Both Matthew and Vanessa were able to pull Bourne out of the mess. Once Bourne got up, he felt like toppling over. The pain was getting worse.

"Whoa-" Matthew caught him before he fell, "you okay?"

Bourne nodded his head yes, but they all knew it was a lie.

"You need to get him out of here," Vanessa was talking to Matthew.

"No, I can do this," he felt sweat starting to form.

"Bourne you can hardly stand."

"What about you?" Matthew seemed to only focus on Vanessa.

"I'll be fine, I need to find Giselle and Charlie," Vanessa looked back at him.

Bourne tried standing again, this time grimacing as his knees buckled.

Although it didn't happen yet, the smoke was getting closer. More parts of the building were collapsing and it was only a matter of time before the fire would spread and they would all be killed.

"What about Warner?" Matthew held onto Bourne as he kept looking at Vanessa.

Vanessa shook her head. "I knew it was too good to be true. I knew it couldn't have been this easy to figure out where he was."

Matthew kept a serious face. "He couldn't have gotten far just yet. And he clearly didn't bring his gang along with him. He's got nothing to defend himself."

"He might have weapons," Bourne added.

"So do we," Matthew responded, "we can't give up that easy."

It was there that Bourne saw all he needed to make his decision.

Vanessa grinned at Matthew for a moment before getting serious. "Okay, we need to split up."

"We'll stay here and search for Giselle and Charlie, you have to go find him."

Vanessa nodded, looking back at Bourne. "Are you sure you can handle this?"

Bourne scoffed, still clinging onto Matthew for support, trying not to make a face. "Are you kidding, I've been through worse."

Vanessa shook her head with a smile, as did Matthew. She looked at both of them before she departed.

Bourne prayed that she would be safe and make it out alive.

"Did you see Giselle and Charlie anywhere?" Matthew adjusted so that Bourne's arm was slung over his shoulders.

"Yeah, they were in this room over there somewhere," Bourne started pointing, but with everything messed up, he couldn't even recognize the layout of the building.