𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖: 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦

Carmen Yates

"So how exactly are you going to find Julia and Jacob?"

Carmen looked over as Blake sat in a chair and started to change the bandage on his leg.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" Blake looked up at him.

Carmen sighed. "Well, I haven't thought of all of the details yet."

"Do you even know where they're located?"

Carmen was getting tired of his questions. He grew irritated quicker by the minute.

"No, I do not. At least not yet. Have a little faith in me, will ya?"

Blake rewrapped the bandage around his leg, silencing whatever he was going to ask next.

Carmen got to thinking. Days had already passed. It was either they were both dead or Julia was making good on that money.

"The only thing that will affect getting this part of the job done is if the police get involved."

"Aren't the police already involved."

Carmen's irritation grew back. "No, you moron, I already explained this to you. The CCPA is involved, which means the police have no right to legally get involved unless it's to catch someone and arrest them."

"But Julia already called the police."

"Yes, which is why Jorge's in jail right now and they're still looking for her."

"Well, where's the CCPA?"

Carmen paused. He was about to call Blake another name before he stalled as he didn't know the answer himself.

"I don't know, but I'll find out."

"You sure that lady is going to help us as she said?"

"I mean, at this point, we're going to need all the help we can get."

"Alright, what do we do until she gets back to us?"

"We go to New York and wait."

"What if Julia and Jacob are still here in South Carolina?"

Carmen sighed. "That's exactly the problem. We need to get them to come with us for everything to work out."

A few minutes went by in their silent motel room before Blake's voice popped up again.

"You nervous?"

"About what?"

"Getting back at Warner."

Carmen turned so Blake couldn't see his face. "No... no, this is a good thing."

In reality, Carmen wished a thousand times over that he would have quit his losses and gone home in the first place. Now he's tangled in this mess towards a victory. 

The worst part is, he isn't sure if he even wants it.

~~~

M. Bourne

"Did you contact Charlie and Giselle yet?" Bourne didn't look up as his assistant entered the office.

"No, sir, you keep saying you would do that yourself."

"Well, it looks like I'm not getting anywhere close to doing that myself. Can you make sure you'll call them and email them into coming back?"

"Of course, sir."