𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

Jorge Morano

Bang!

Jorge was shaking, there was no way he just did that. 

Julia screamed, Jacob ducked, Jorge's finger slipped.

And almost instantly, he regretted it.

The man didn't say anything, he just looked at them, terrified, and then fell to the ground. Jorge watched as the life seeped out of the guy along with the red liquid drenching his clothes from the wound.

"J-Jorge..." Julia whispered. He turned around and saw the blue eyes more packed with fear than ever before. Even Jacob had braced himself.

Jorge dropped the gun, afraid of his own two hands now.

His head felt dizzy, his heart kept beating rapidly and he couldn't stop shaking.

Was it really worth it? The question kept repeating over and over and over again, but it was already too late to undo it.

They stood there, the three of them, in panic and fear. What happens now?

When the three of them get back they will be asked a bunch of questions:

When and where did you locate the suspect?

How long was it before he had died?

Who shot him?

Where is the body now?

Is there anything in that van that they should be concerned about?

Did any nearby civilian witness or call the cops?

And then the interrogation will stop. Warner will decide what to do with them next. The three of them will soon be set free...

At least that's what they had hoped.

Giselle Daniels

"What are you up to today?"

"Thought I'd check out the pool... did you get any sleep?"

Charlie sighed, sitting down on the lounge chair beside her. "I slept, but not well."

"Yeah, same with me."

"Did you check on Vanessa?"

"Oh, yeah, she said Bourne is looking into it and that the team is really trying to pull through."

Charlie nodded. "That's almost expected."

Giselle looked at him, he was staring at whatever was in the distance. "What do you mean by that?"

He shrugged, still looking out at the view. "Whenever we can't do anything over on our end, it's always up to others to do it for us..."

"And that makes you feel...?"

Charlie looked at her. "What are you, my therapist?

She shrugged, looking away from his face. "I don't know, you tell me."

She could tell he was grinning, which she hadn't seen in a long time.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what's going on in that weird head of yours."

"I-I'm sorry, weird?"

He leaned back and put his arms behind his head, lifting his feet to rest on the chair.

Immediately feeling slightly embarrassed yet at the same time feeling closer to her co-worker, Giselle played along with pretending to be offended.