𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑: 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Blake Farmer

What exactly does she look like again?

Blake slowly made his way out of the gate and into the rest of JFK Airport. He saw many people walking at quicker paces and passing him by in a rush.

Many people were lined up in front of where he stood with large signs and printed names. He glances quickly at each of them, hoping he could find his own name.

But then he remembered the reason for being here, it would be irrational to hold a big sign that practically shouted his name in front of a crowd of hundreds of people with potential predators.

"Don't try looking for me, I'll find you. Just try your best and don't panic. I'll be there," he remembered the words of the lady on the phone.

"It would be nice if I knew who I was still waiting for," he muttered under his breath.

His eyes kept scanning the area, he didn't see anyone that was dressed as a secret agent or mysterious spy.

"Blake?" A woman's voice came clear from the side of him.

A lengthy woman dressed in a black jumper with a white coat draped over her shoulders stood smiling at him. She lifted the dark sunglasses from her face and folded them in her hands. Her hair was slicked back into a classy ponytail and every detail, from her accessories to her makeup looked clean and chic.

Blake stood staring for a second, he wasn't sure what he was expecting, but a woman that looked like one of those Hollywood movies wasn't it.

She immediately started walking closer, her heels clicking on the floor.

"You're the woman?" He said rather surprised.

She continued smiling. "We don't have much time, my lunch break is almost over and I'm not sure my boss would be pleased if I was late."

Blake was reluctant to follow her but knew he really didn't have any other choice.

They both started to walk through the airport as she lead the way to whatever transportation they would be using.

She didn't say anything as they exited the airport and headed out to the parking lot where a shiny black car awaited them.

The driver took Blake's duffle bag and opened the door for him. They began driving when the woman initiated a conversation.

"How's your arm, I see there's no more cast. Are you in any pain?"

"No, I'm doing a lot better," although his words sounded bright, his face showed confusion.

He really didn't know what to think of this situation.

"Allow me to introduce myself," she continued, "I'm Darla. I've been working at the CCPA for many years now."

"Yeah, as an assistant," the driver snorted.

Darla continued to look at Blake, although her expression went stiff.

"You're an assistant? I thought you were an agent."

"Please, Darla? An Assistant? Impossible," the driver's comments were louder than before.

"Ignore him, he's having a rough day."

The driver's eyes looked at the front mirror to see the woman. "Well yeah, today's the day I might actually get fired from my job."

"What's he talking about?" Blake didn't want to interfere with their argument, but he was sitting right there. If these two strangers were about to put him through more danger than he should be in, he was going to find out.