𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒: 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

Walter Warner

The clock is ticking. Time is escaping his hands.

I'm running out of ideas. 

Doubt crosses his mind. There's failure reaching for him.
For the very first time in his life, Warner had never been more nervous.

"How was your visit to the hospital, boss? Say anything threatening?" The men started laughing.

Warner looked at them, fury started to subside in his gut.

"Where's Carmen?" He said in a low growl. 

Two guards stood at his door. "Carmen has yet to return, boss."

What did that punk do?

"Where are the others?" He questioned.

"We've lost signal with our van."

"What?!" Warner stood, knocking over his chair. He could feel his blood pressure rising.

"But... good news... this came out today, boss," one guy came over and threw a newspaper on his desk. 

The headline read:

"TEENAGER IMPRISONED FOR ASSAULT AT A LOCAL WEDDING."

Warner quickly scanned the little article under the picture.

"Jorge Morano, 16, and two others charged an attack at Full Gospel Church during the event of a wedding. Police believe it had been Jorge that had the gun and shot not only the pastor but another man in the ribs. Both are facing serious injuries..."

"Something funny, there, boss?"

Warner kept smiling. "He didn't play his cards right this time. Now poor Benson is suffering."

The two guards kept looking at Warner, not understanding what he was saying.

"Where's Kevin? Does he still have the girl and the other guy?"

The guards hesitated for a moment before one guy started to explain what happened.

"They escaped. All of them. We don't know where anyone is except for Jorge right now."

Warner sighed, dropping the newspaper back on the desk. Disappointment washed over him, rather than rage. He couldn't come up with a plan. He didn't know how something like this could even happen.

"Say boss, where is Carmen? Wouldn't he know where Kevin is?"

Warner shook his head as he propped himself back in his chair behind his desk.

"He's gone... for now."

That disgusting, backstabbing traitor will get what's coming for him...

~~~

Vanessa Vaughen

Agent Vaughen,

I hope this email finds you well. I know much has happened in the last twenty-four hours, but we have received Jorge Morano at one of our stations in South Carolina where your boss agrees is best for him to stay for the time being. We understand investigation will be underway as you have a heavy mission to deal with now. I have left the address and any contact information you should need. 

In other news, Agent, we also have another teenager. Goes by the name of Blake Farmer. He says he knows some information that he would only be comfortable in telling you. He would not speak for me or your own boss. We have it arranged that when you and your team make it back from South Carolina that an interview will be set up then, as well.