𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭

M. Bourne

"Vaughen!" Bourne's voice was more coarse, he woke up with his throat hurting and his noise slightly stuffy. But of course, it couldn't stop him.

The agent spun at his call, she waited for him to reach her.

"Morning," she looked slightly surprised as he made it down the hall.

"Yeah, hi," Bourne motioned for them to step inside her office.

"You seem eager today-"

"I need you to look in that folder and tell me what you see when you read that information."

Vanessa looked down at the yellow folder and opened it.

"C'mon, Vaughen, I don't have all day."

She took the first page out and held it closer to herself, reaching to sit in her chair as her eyes were glued to the information.

She began to shake her head. "I-I don't understand-"

"Keep reading, Vanessa," Bourne was getting slightly impatient, he knew Darla would come running with the coffee that he desperately wanted right now.

She continued to read in silence, Bourne watched as her eyes would glide over the page from left to right.

Her mouth slightly dropped open, but no words came out. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at him.

Bourne smiled. "Well, good luck with that," he quickly patted her shoulder and left.

He paced quickly down the hallway, not looking back when he heard her call his name.

As he practically skipped down and passed the desks he noticed an empty one.

"Where's Darla today?" 

"She had an errand to run, she told us that she had already told you before you left," one of his employees answered as they passed by.

Bourne never remembered even seeing Darla today. He wondered where she could have possibly gone.

But who's going to make me that coffee? 

He continued back to the office, sniffing and pouting.

~~~

Vanessa Vaughen

But this doesn't make any sense...

Vanessa's eyes re-read the same words of information again and again and again. She wondered if it was really true.

She turned to her desktop where she typed in the name William Warner.

Nothing came up, only articles on a man named Walter Warner.

She picked up her phone and dialled the only person she could think of at this moment.

Luckily they answered on the second ring. "Miss me already, V?"

Vanessa sighed, shaking her head even though nobody could see her. "Listen up, Matty, I've got something you might never believe."

"Can't go the agency, Vaughen. Pretty sure Bourne's going to kill me."

"Well then, I'll come to you," she cringed looking up to see what he would say.

A reluctant noise came out of him before he agreed. "Fine, fine..."

Vanessa drove the subway all the way to the apartment Matthew had been staying in since his time in New York. It was a quieter place than her apartment and what she considered to be perfect for a man in Matthew's condition.