𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔: 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

Walter Warner

"Will you bring the child in here already, I'm getting tired of waiting."

His men shoved the scrawny kid inside his make-shift office. The boy looked a little shaken up, Warner decided to have some fun with him.

"Jorge!" He smiled, "welcome back."

"What do you want from me?" His accent pinched a nerve inside Warner's brain. 

"Sit down, my boy, take a load off."

Jorge slowly sat in the folding chair kicked over in front of Walter's desk. His face was solemn and slightly showed confusion.

"So, how was it?" Walter was uninterested in Jorge's prison story, yet knew he needed to spark something inside of the poor guy so his mission could be successful.

Jorge shrugged. Walter's face showed his surprise, he didn't know if Jorge was making a tough-guy act or actually being serious.

Shouting from the monitors behind Warner caught Jorge's attention. "Who are those people?"

Warner turned in his swivel chair, seeing the image of the girl crying that her God would save her.

He rolled his eyes. "Just another thing I need to deal with."

Jorge kept staring at the screen, his facial expression dropping. It sort of scared the man, seeing this kid he captured being scared and fragile and now he's sitting in front of him completely... numb.

"So, how much are you going to pay me?"

Walter looked at Jorge, raising his eyebrows.

He chuckled. "What makes you think I'm going to pay you?"

Jorge slightly leaned back, keeping his back straight. "I don't do this for free."

The screen blipped off, Warner turned to his men, signalling that they check it out.

"We're on it, boss."

Jorge kept facing Warner. "Your guys told me what you want me to do."

"They did?"

"Yes.

"What else did they tell you?" He reached for his glass, pouring whatever alcohol was standing.

Jorge stared at Warner's hands, pressing his lips together.

The screen blinked on again, this time showing the other room. Three of Warner's men surrounded Charlie and started beating him.

Warner's heart pounded harder. He swallowed the liquid substance in his cup quickly.

"I can do what you need me to do, but it is going to come at a price."

Warner turned to him. "I'm sure we can come to an agreement," he tried smiling.

"Good."

"Great."

~~~

Giselle Daniels

Bad. This is so so so bad.

Giselle could feel her phone silently buzzing under her thigh. She couldn't reach it, but she knew it was probably Vanessa or someone from the agency.

She could tell someone had been trying to call her. Although she couldn't see the screen, it was ruining her that she couldn't speak to someone. Help was just a few texts away, and she couldn't even reach it.