Newt [43]

This wasn't good. First it was the slimy arachnid monsters with the blades for legs, now it was a guy with a machete. Of the two, she'd honestly prefer the wailing monsters.

"HEY!" The voice hollered out after her. "STOP!"

She didn't want to stop. Nope. As far as she was concerned, everything in this maze was here to kill her. Hanging around to find out if her assumptions were right or not didn't sound like a good idea.

The sound of the voice perusing her was lost once the thunder rolled in. All she could do was keep running. From this person, the monsters, and the lightning over head. What had she done to be put here? She shut her mind off and let her heart beat with a relentless energy which kept forcing her legs forward. The rain continued to fall, each corner she raced around more slippery than the last. She didn't know where she was, who she was, or what she was doing here. But the girl did know that she was in a maze and that there had to be a way out. The walls around her shook, screamed, and crumbled. Knowing her time was running short, her pace quickened.

As she desperately raced around a sharp corner, her foot shot out to the side and the inside of her leg burned and screamed in agony. The girl hit the ground and flew a few feet until she crashed into the opposing wall. Rain completely covered the ground now, and it was no better than trying to run on ice. She coughed and attempted to lift her sore body off of the ground. Rain continued to torrent down upon her and her visibility was diminishing. In front of her, an opening in the maze shone.

Raucous thunder came from above immediately after bright streaks of light streaked across the eery blue sky above her. Something warm on her arms forced her to look up and focus.

"Hey!" The voice came from a person, a boy. It had to be the one who was following her. He shook her arms in an attempt to get her head on straight."Hey are you okay?"

The girl react to the tugs on her arms and stood up, treading forwards once again alongside the boy. He hadn't killed her yet, which hopefully meant he never would. Besides, he seemed to know where he was going. He was her only chance of getting out of here.

The boys heart dropped and body shook whilst he looked forwards through the sheet of rain. The ground shuddered and the opening of the maze began to close.

With a flash of light and an ear shattering roll of thunder, the girl could vaguely see a field of grass with people standing at its edge. The boy dragged her along with one last push derived from the complete exhaustion, legs flying forward and feet crashing into the water covered stone with an unmeasurable force.

Hollers erupted from people in front of them, illuminated by the lightning. The screams from the group became louder as the doors slid closer to themselves. The pair entered the corridor between the ominous doors and stretched their strides as far as they would possibly go.

The girl hardly felt her body crashing down upon the soft, rain soaked grass. Some of the people stood in disbelief of her kneeling there, trying to catch her breath. Others rushed to her side in desperation.

"Ahh, Newt?" A voice spoke up, but was muffled by the thunder which rumbled overhead. "Who's this?"

The girl got a glimpse of everyone around her. Seven boys. Newt, the one who found her in the maze, was hunched over on his hands and knees just a few feet away, trying to force air into his lungs. No doubt they were burning from the agonizing run they'd just endured. He eyed her worriedly.

"I-I don't know, Minho." He mumbled to himself as his gaze shift from the girl to Minho.

"No one comes out of the maze." Someone new spoke up. By the way all of the other boys looked to him, the girl assumed he was the leader here. For a moment, she feared they might just try to put her out of her misery right here on the spot. "C'mon, get them both up. We gotta get out of the rain so we can talk."