Minho [7]

"Take off your shirt." Y/N told the keeper of the runners who sat pouting on one of the cots in the Medjack hut.

"What?" He scoffed. "Why?" In just a few seconds, Minho's face had gone from slightly tinged red from running the maze to a full on crimson.

"I said take off your shirt," Y/N explained slowly. "How do you expect me to fix the cut on your back when I can't even see it?"

"Just leave it alone then!" The runner complained. "Fix these instead." He raised his arms to reveal cuts and scrapes of varying degrees.

"Minho." Y/N huffed. "We need to fix it."

He felt like his heart was going to explode from annoyance. It was just a cut. She didn't need to fix it. And he certainly didn't need to take off his shirt.

But, he obeyed reluctantly and pulled the light blue t-shirt over his head. "Happy?"

"No. Turn around." Y/N motioned for the runner to face his back to her. He truly did make an awful patient.

Like a kid having a temper tantrum, he mumbled something under his breath and looked to the girl with furrowed brows before turning around. The moment Y/N pressed a cold cloth to the wound, Minho hissed and his entire back seized.

"Suck it up." Y/N muttered as she attempted to clean the wound with Minho shuffling around uncomfortably.

"I should be screaming bloody murder." He argued. "Be gentler!"

Y/N refused to respond to Minho. Why he was so grouchy today, she had no clue. He was usually fine when it came to tending to wounds.

As soon as he could, Minho escaped the Medjack hut. So quickly, in fact, he left without his shirt. But, he didn't care.

He regretted it at dinner time, though. Originally, he had planned to go grab his shirt in the middle of dinner since Y/N wouldn't be in the hut, but she found him first.

"Put your shirt back on." Y/N ordered with a joking tone as she sat down with her dinner beside him.

Everyone else at the table watched as the keeper of the runners body tensed. "Why? Are you gonna kill me if I don't, slinthead?"

Y/N made Minho look over to a scowling Alby, obviously aggravated by Minho walking around shirtless. "I won't have to. Alby will."

"Fine!" Minho snatched the shirt from the girls hands and stood up in a hurry. "Go shuck yourself." He fumed before pushing off of the table and stomping towards the Maproom.

"What's gotten into him?" Newt marvelled at the runners sudden strange, and rather excessively rude, behaviour.

"Dunno. He was a grump in the Medjack hut too." Y/N shrugged and began eating her dinner.

Thomas stifled a laugh and looked to his friends like they were completely oblivious. "I'll be back."

It took a couple of minutes to walk to the Maproom, and Thomas hoped Minho would have cooled off by then. But, when he entered, Minho looked just as irritated as before.

"Why are you such a jerk to her?" Thomas tried to withhold his laughter since he already knew the answer.

Minho snapped his gaze up to Thomas and grumbled. "Because she—she's—all I need is this cut fixed and she makes me take off my shirt! And it hurts when she cleans it!"

Thomas crossed his arms and raised a brow. "What? Do you expect it to feel nice? She's doing her job."

"Maybe she needs to switch jobs." Minho pouted.

"Maybe you need to accept you're in denial."

Minho gasped. "I'm in denial? About what? Shank, you're head ain't screwed on right."

"You like Y/N don't you?" Thomas asked.

Minho faltered for a moment. "No!"

"Yes."

The runner jumped up and stormed towards Thomas. "Get out!"

The brown haired boy smiled mischievously and raised his hands in the air in surrender. "Alright, I'll leave."

He did as promised, but the moment he exited the room, he raised to his hands to his mouth to shout. "Y/N! I WAS RIGHT! MINHO—"

Before Thomas could finish, he had a mouthful of grass. "Don't you dare—" Minho seethed as he held Thomas' body down to the ground.

Y/N and Newt came rushing over, cringing at the sight of Minho's knee pressed into Thomas' back.

"Apologize to her." Thomas croaked. "Or I tell her."

Minho dug his knee into Thomas' back a little harder making him whimper, his warning very clear.

"Sorry about earlier. Thomas here has been on my nerves all day." He tried to smile but it turned out to be more of an awkward twitch.

"Ahh—it's ok." Y/N stifled a laugh and looked to Newt.

Newt looked right back as if agreeing to leave before one of them ended up pinned to the ground by an angry Minho. They'd rather enjoy the rest of their dinner.

"He's weird." Y/N sighed.

"Tell me about it." Newt agreed.

Minho finally released Thomas from his grasp and sat back in the grass. "Do that again and you're sleepin' with the grievers."