Newt [11.1]

Dinner had finally ended, and the girl could feel sleep put an all familiar weight upon her shoulders.

"Hey, Y/N!" Minho grinned at the girl who was walking clumsily towards the hammocks.

"Hi, Minho." She stopped walking and turned to smile at the boy who was joined by Thomas, both walking briskly towards the homestead.

"Don't got a hammock for the new greenie yet, so last person there's gonna be sleeping in the dirt!" He snickered, brushing past her, breaking into a sprint with Thomas. The girl huffed tiredly. When she arrived to the sleeping area, just as expected, all of the hammocks were claimed except one. Before she could get close, Newt sat down in it, smirking at the girl.

"Too slow, love." He said.

"Shebean's sleeping in the dirt!" Minho shouted out over the other Gladers, the heat beginning to rise in her cheeks. Y/N giggled slightly, looking around at everyone staring at her.

"It's ok, I'll sleep in the watchtower." She smiled, picking up a blanket and pillow which was against the homestead.

The girl turned around proudly, excited to sleep in the tower when she ran right into something. Taking a step back to regain her senses, she looked up to see who it was she ran into, they were like a brick wall. The girl cowered the moment she saw it was Alby, who looked down at her with a condescending glare.

"You, shebean, ain't sleeping in the tower tonight." He took the pillow from the girl and tossed it back against the wall, signalling her to keep the blanket.

"Oh c'mon, Alby." The girl sighed.

"I know," he stood tall, crossing his arms. "But it's gonna be a cold one tonight, I can tell. Might even rain." He started, looking out to the somber sky. "I want everyone wearing socks, hoodies, and pants to bed. Don't need any of you getting ill." He commanded.

"Yes mom!" Minho shouted from the back, receiving laughter in return from everyone else, including Alby. The ruckus was broken when Newt spoke up.

"So what're we gonna do about Y/N? If its gonna be that cold, she can't sleep on the ground." He questioned Alby, propping himself up in the hammock.

"I-I can sleep in the kitchen or something!" The girl jutted in before a worse suggestion was made.

"No can do, shebean. Gally's asked the whole homestead be cleared while he makes those repairs." He muttered.

"You're just gonna have to share with someone." He said, almost sympathetically. An uproar erupted between all of the boys.

"We seriously don't have any other option?" The girl shrunk down awkwardly. Alby grabbed her shoulders, turning her around and beginning to push her, weaving their way through the hammocks.

"Sorry, Y/N, we don't really have any other option."

"So who you gonna share with, Y/N?" Minho asked, and the boys snickered as Alby continued to push her forwards despite her best efforts to stop him by digging her feet into the dirt.

"You can always come share with me!" Minho shouted again, hardly able to breathe from his persistent laughing. He must have thought this was just hilarious.

"Yeah right, Minho. You're the stinkiest shank here!" She barked back.

"Alright - alright." He said between laughs. "Maybe with Thomas here." He said, pointing to the brown haired boy whose cheeks turned pink at the mention.

"Uhhh- no thanks." She said and smiled shyly. Alby continued to push as she and Minho bickered. All of the boys waiting to see who Alby put her with. Amidst their arguing, Y/N realized Alby stopped pushing her. The girl looked down to see Newt lying in the hammock with an awkward grin plastered on his face along with a slight blush. Y/N smiled back uncomfortably, turning her attention to Alby.