All x Reader [9]

Hello friends! The world is nerfing me with school and staring at a computer all day has killed my jam for writing. But, I know the world is sort of spiralling right now so here is some shenanigans to hopefully make your day better!! :) <3

 "You idiot, we're lost." Newt stopped dead in his tracks and waited for Minho to meet his eyes.

The runner turned around, crossed his arms and huffed.

"We are not. I'm just not one hundred percent sure how to get back."

Y/N stood in disbelief for a minute. She and Newt locked eyes in pure hopelessness. Not so much for their current situation, but for Minho. How was the best runner in the Glade, who had survived all those years in a constantly changing maze, lost in a mostly open desert? "That...that's the definition of lost, Minho."

"Okay, well, sorry." He mocked. "I just thought a little field trip would be good for us."

"Well, we appreciate your bloody field trip but it required a little more thought." Newt rubbed his face in frustration, trying to think his way out of this. They were finally, in theory, safe at the right arm and here they were waltzing right back into danger. It was like since Thomas showed up, everything that could possibly go awry did.

"We could just...scream. Someone would probably hear us." Thomas suggested and shrugged his shoulders. He was only met with silence. Now Minho was not the only one being met with glances of disbelief by Y/N and Newt. The stupidity was really racking up at a concerning speed.

"You want to scream?" Newt raised a brow. "You are the most wanted person in the world for all we know, and you wanna scream in hopes someone will find us?"

Thomas dart his eyes around. "Well—yeah. I guess."

"Do you not—" Newt was truly lost for words. "Bloody hell, man."

"Okay, okay." Y/N jumped in before Newt tore someones head off. "Let's just retrace our steps. We can't be too far off from where we came. Does anybody remember what side of the canyon we came out of?"

Nobody spoke as their faces contoured in thought. Minho grunted as he lift his hands up as if he were trying to see which was heavier. Y/N hoped he was trying to remember whether they had gone left or right. "Ahhh...all I remember was the brown rock."

"All of the rocks were brown." Thomas smacked Minho's arm with a scowl.

"Maybe to you!" He tried to size up Thomas for trying to embarrass him, not that he hadn't already embarrassed himself. "Some of them were grey."

Newt looked like he was about to disintegrate. Y/N felt like she was wrangling three year olds. All of the sudden, and for a reason she had missed, the three were now snapping at each other. Y/N didn't know what to do.

Like some gift on the wind, a voice had shouted from the near off distance. "HEY!"

Y/N broke away from the boys and did a 360, eyes scanning around carefully. Her friends were too preoccupied now accusing one another of who farted in the tent last night. Y/N ran off.

"Oh thank god, Frypan." She laughed lightly in relief as she stumbled up to him. "You've gotta get us back to camp."

"Yeah, I figured you guys had been gone a little long and decided to come looking." He laughed. As they walked up to the others, Frypan was surprised to find them arguing. "Yikes."

Suddenly, Newt stopped his hollering mid sentence. "Wait!" He shushed the others. "Where's Y/N?"

"Awww, Newt. Your girlfriend finally came to her senses and left you." Minho giggled maniacally.

Newt snarled. "Not my girlfriend, you shank!"

"She left us!?" Thomas cried in defeat and betrayal.

"No, I'm here." Y/N spun Thomas around by his shoulders and raised a brow.

"Oh. When'd Frypan get here?" He asked, confused.

"Like two minutes ago," She explained. "He's going to lead us back before one of you kills each other."

Finally, the group set out in the direction they'd come from. They were settled down now and Frypan saw his chance.

"You guys still planning on leaving Thomas? I brought the—" He pretend to reach into his coat for something.

"WAIT WHAT?" Thomas scrambled to stop Frypan from doing whatever he was planning. "You brought me out here to leave me for dead?!"

Minho put a hand on his shoulder and sent him a sad smile. "Yeah, man. Sorry you had to find out this way."

The group laughed and left Thomas straggling behind, puzzled. It took a while, but he finally jogged to catch up to Y/N. He leaned close and whispered. "Were they really gonna do that? Were you in on it?"

Y/N laughed and shook her head, "No. Frypan's just being a jerk. After all, you're still kinda the greenie."