Newt [5]

The girl worked silently alongside Zart in the gardens, trying to forget about the relentless sun which was beginning to boil her blood.

"Okay, what if we-" Thomas muttered.

Newt sighed and put aside the vines he was tying. "No, we tried it, alright? Twice!"

Thomas' look of exasperation only grew. "All right? Trust me. Anything you think of, we've already tried." Newt forced.

The blonde looked to the girl who had kept her head down the entire conversation, almost at if he were pleading for help. "The only way out of here is through the maze."

It was almost as if Thomas' spirits had dropped entirely as he pushed his shovel around in the dirt, darting his eyes around.

"Now, look, you wanna be helpful?" Newt asked, tossing a basket at Thomas who barely caught it. "Here. Go dig us up some more fertilizer. And take Y/N with you."

Newt pointed to the girl who slowly raised her head and gave him a sharp glare. "She could use a break."

Y/N was all too aware of Newt's little schemes. She knew he was just trying to get Thomas out of his sight for a while. Though, she didn't mind because at least the deadheads would give her a break from the sun. Zart giggled lightly as Thomas fumbled with the basket in his hands, disgusted at the job he'd been given.

"C'mon." Y/N muttered, grabbing his arm and dragging him off. As she hauled him along, the boy managing to trip on a couple of the wooden polls which stuck out and she could hear Newt's and Zart's snickers.

"Don't mind them. Newt's not always that grumpy. He can just be a little harsh on the greenies. He doesn't like questions." The girl looked back to the boy treading awkwardly behind her.

"Why? What's wrong with wanting to know where the hell I am and who you people are?" Thomas grumbled.

Y/N stopped him in his tracks and let out a soft laugh. "Dude. Just stop worrying so much."

Just behind the girl was a row of trees, a small path leading into the forest. "Anyways," she turned to to woods and started forwards. "Follow this trail and you'll know when you've found the fertilizer. Trust me. I've got to go check something, but I'll meet you back here in five."

At seemingly the speed of light, the girl sprinted off and disappeared into the woods. "Just get the fertilizer, Thomas. Y'know just out in the middle of the woods." He grumbled and sauntered into the woods.

Deeper in the forest, Y/N was running for the map room. "Minho! You here?!" She called out.

No response came as she approached and something was making shivers stream down her spine, the hair on the back of her neck rising. Something, or someone, made some branches to her left snap and her head jerked around. "Minho?"

Still no response. Suddenly, a figure stumbled from around the map room, facing her with a disturbing pair of cloudy eyes. "Oh- Ben! Have you seen Minho?" She asked.

But something wasn't right. And she knew it. The boys shoulders were hunched over and his breathing was shallow and hitched, his hair shrouding his eyes. "Ben?"

Suddenly the boys breathing became heavier and angrier, his entire body beginning to tremble. "Hey - are you ok?" She asked.

Then he snapped. Ben was on the girl in a second, throwing her to the ground. "What the hell!" She screamed.

"It's his fault!" Ben growled. "I saw him! He did this to us! I SAW HIM!"

Ben's gruesome screams only continued as he kept the girl from scrambling away, his nails digging into her arms. "BEN! Get off!" She shrieked in pain.