Newt [28]

The box had shown up earlier this morning, just as it was supposed to. Instead of helping today like she normally would, Y/N hid behind the homestead and kept a close eye on the box. She was waiting until the last of supplies were being hauled up so she could set her plan into action. As she sat and waited, Y/N began to write a note. A hopeless one she assumed, but she figured there was nothing to loose.

All of this time in the Glade with no memories was driving her insane. Every night, she had dreams about her past which obviously meant she had memories locked away somewhere. The moment she woke up though, they all disappeared and there was no way to bring them back. Today, she was going to send a note alongside Alby's to ask for some kind of information, anything.

As the last of the supplies were brought up, Y/N ran for the box. She watched as Alby dropped his paper down into it and then turned to walk away. Sprinting as fast as she could, the rumble of the box closing made her push harder. Almost there, she pulled out her note, flew past the box and dropped it in just before the doors closed.

"Y/N—" Alby jumped sideways in surprise as Y/N sprinted past him. Seeing as it was Y/N, he shrugged it off and continued on his way.

The girl had been waiting a whole month. Today was the day she'd find out if the creators finally gave into her requests. Her attempt had probably been futile, but at least she could rest now knowing she'd tried if they didn't send anything up.

Sure enough, they didn't. Y/N was nearly done rummaging through all of the supplies and figured there was little hope to find anything meant for her.

"Strange seeing you here, love." A familiar voice sounded over Y/N's shoulder. She stood up and turned around to, surely enough, be faced with Newt. His hands were on his hips and he smiled with a tilt of the head.

Y/N raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"If I recall correctly," He bent down to open one of the boxes. "Last month, you hid over by the homestead instead of helping."

The girl mumbled. "I had other things to do."

Newt laughed. "I'm just teasing," He stood up and handed the girl a bag of apples to be taken to Frypan. "I'll take your word for it."

With that, Y/N head off for the kitchen with the massive bag of apples and didn't look back. She was a little disheartened by the fact the creators hadn't sent anything back to her. Yet, at the same time, she wasn't surprised by any means. Why would they send her anything? She was just another Glader.

The evening went by slow. Y/N had dinner with her friends, helped Newt in the gardens for a while after, sat around the fire with some of the builders and then wandered over to her hammock. Most of the boys were already asleep as she climbed in and she knew she'd be listening to their snores for a while to come. There was a million different thoughts rolling around in her head that would stop her from sleeping tonight.

Her mind froze. As she tried to lay down, something hard caught her off guard beneath her side. She reached down and to her surprise, pulled out an old looking leather bound book. For a moment she questioned if she'd climbed into the wrong hammock, but with chuck on her left and Newt on her right, there was no way she was in the wrong place. How the book got there, she had absolutely no idea. But, then again, it seemed anything could happen here in the Glade.

Opening up the book, she could hardly make out anything written on the pages. Carefully, she scanned around to see if anyone was awake. Assuming they were all as deep into sleep as they looked, Y/N leapt out of her hammock and ran straight for the deadheads.

In the maproom, she found some light and sat down. How this book had gotten here and why it was in her hammock, she had no clue. Part of her though, hoped it was from the creators. It could turn out it is just one of the boys journals that had been misplaced, but she prayed not.