Minho [33]

Y/N had arrived in the glade a couple of months ago. Since, she'd really made a mark around the place. In fact, she'd been so good at everything she somehow avoided finding an official job. Instead, she spread her skills all across the glade. She helped Frypan with meals on the daily, often found herself working in the gardens, in the medjack hut, and helping Gally with new building plans. She avoided the slicers for the most part, but still occasionally made her way over whenever asked for help.

    There was only one thing she hadn't done. She hadn't run the maze. She had yet to come chasing after Minho, pleading for a chance to risk her life in the maze.

    But as Minho sat here in the council hall, listening to the muttering going on about something he didn't really care for, he eyed Y/N down. The girl sat far off to the side of the room, just behind the main circle of keepers discussing their business. She always came to these meetings because she often had plenty of add. That was, if she was asked. Y/N had a lot of brilliant ideas but was hesitant to share them. Today though, she was quieter than normal.

    Since day one, Minho hadn't been able to figure Y/N out. She was kind, funny, bright. In general, she was outgoing and friendly. But the second she was on her own, when she thought no one was watching, she was the complete opposite. Even when Minho got the rare occasion to talk one-on-one with her, she was quiet and reserved. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't get inside. He didn't understand. He knew there was more to her but she wouldn't let him see.

    Minho was getting tired of all the mysteries. What was she doing anyways? With everyone else occupied with what Newt was saying, Minho got up and snuck away. He sauntered over and stood in front of Y/N. She didn't look up.

    How could she not know he was here? Or was she ignoring him?

    The runner tilt his head to try and get a better look at what she was doing. Oddly enough, she had a stick and was drawing lines in the dirt at her feet. He recognized the patterns...it was the maze. How did she know the route through the narrows to the outer ring?

    Minho sat down beside her eagerly. Finally noticing he was here, Y/N scrambled to kick at the dirt and erase what she'd been drawing. Was it too late?

    She looked up to catch Minho's eyes. He raised a brow as if to ask 'hey, you wanna explain? How do you know this klunk?'

    "Hi?" She asked.

    Minho stayed silent for a painful moment. Then, he leaned back into the wall with crossed arms. "How do you know the route to the outer ring if you've never been in the maze?"

    "What are you talking about?"

    "I'm not stupid and neither are you." Minho smiled mockingly. "What you were drawing in the dirt. You have the route memorized better than any of the runners do."

    "Minho stop bothering her!" Newt apologized to the others as he stopped his conversation. He saw how uncomfortable Y/N was looking and felt it was right to intervene. "Get back over here, this involves you."

    Minho grumbled and jumped up off of his seat and bound over to the group. He kept Y/N in the corner of his vision but the second he looked away, she was gone.

    If the girl didn't want to be found, she wouldn't be. Minho spent his whole evening searching for her and never once came close to crossing paths with her. It was impossible. Either she knew he was after her or she'd tipped everyone off to help hide her whereabouts.

    To find her hammock empty this evening was what really raised Minho's suspicions. Everyone else was packing it in for the night and yet she was nowhere to be seen. So, he head off into the dark. First, he checked the medjack hut and the builders area where Gally was still packing away a few supplies. His next destination was the maproom.