10. Dream

🌺
Forever was just a word until he showed up.
🌺

Amy's POV

Leaving from work as usual, I decided to take a bus back home today since Jay called in a while ago that she would be late tonight as she was going out with her team for an impromptu dinner. I didn't want to be alone at home and end up feeling lonely or horny or something. So I decided to reach home late by taking the bus.

As I got into the bus and settled in, my phone beeped with an incoming text from Taehyung.

Taehyung:
Hi Amy

Me:
Hi Taehyung. Happy debut anniversary:)

Me:
Hope you guys had a good celebration last night

Taehyung:
Yeah... we did.

Taehyung:
Sorry I couldn't text you last night since I stayed over at Jungkook's after the celebrations.

Me:
Yeah... that's okay.

Me:
Why are you sorry for that? :)

Taehyung:
are you free now?

Taehyung:
Can I call you?

I checked the time, and there was still about fifteen minutes until I reached my stop.

Me:
Yeah:)

Taehyung read the text and called immediately.

"Amy, hi," he spoke very calmly.

"Hey… what's up?" I asked, trying not to sound too excited.

"I wanted to apologize about last night," he said softly.

"Apologize? I'm sorry I don't get it," I was confused by the sudden apology.

"When I told you I wanted to call you just Amy. I don't know if you felt uncomfortable about it. I shouldn't have rushed in and said that without thinking about how you felt. I'm sorry," Taehyung apologized sincerely, turning my heart into a puddle.

His sweetness was too much to handle.
"Ahh… so this is what it is. Why are you saying so many sorrys today? If I didn't like it, I would've just said that to you politely," I said, and he chuckled.

"So, you're really okay with it?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah, I am," I chuckled.

Taehyung chuckled at the other end too, "Are you in a bus?"

"Yeah, you heard the announcer?"

"Yeah. You're not taking a taxi today?" He was curious.

"Uhm… no. Jay said she'll be late tonight. So, I would feel bored if I went home early. That's why I'm taking the bus, so I can reach later," I informed him as I looked out the window and confirmed that I had to get down at the third stop from now.

"You should've told me that first. I can accompany you for dinner," he let that out casually, and my heart did flips.

Ahjdnsjfksksknd

"I already got a take-out for dinner. It's okay, Taehyung. I don't mind eating on my own," I lied without delay.

"I would be eating alone too anyway. So, I thought maybe we could eat together," he sounded a bit...disappointed?

"Why are you eating alone?" I was curious.

"Uhm...because I live alone?" He answered with a question.