55. Stay With Me

🌺
Don't challenge a woman who has survived the fire. She has already been through hell and kept going.
🌺

Amy's POV

Taehyung helped me sit up on the bed and went on to make some phone calls while I called Jay.

"Amy... babe, how are you? What happened?" Jay's voice resonated panic and worry.

I narrated everything to her and even told her about the pregnancy.

"Oh my GOD, Amy... you've been through so much. Did you guys sit down and talk about the pregnancy?" She asked in a concerned manner.

"Not yet, Jay... but we will soon," I reassured her, quickly making up my mind to discuss with Taehyung as soon as possible

"Yeah, babe. I told you to always use the condoms," she whined.

"Jay, come on. What's over is over, and we really missed each other so much that nothing mattered that day," I tried to explain, also feeling a wave of guilt stemming from our recklessness washing over my mind.

"I understand, babe... but, discuss and decide, okay?" She spoke sounding cautious and concerned.

"Okay, Jay, we will," I confirmed, and she let out an exhausted sigh.

"When are you leaving?" She asked.

"I guess we'll leave in some time. I'll see you soon, babe. I miss you already," I said as my tears threatened to fall.

I really miss her, and it seems like forever since I met her although it's just been a week.

"I miss you too, babe. Come back soon," Jay said, and we spoke for a bit before ending the call.

Taehyung was gathering our stuff from the hospital room, and he picked out a dress for me to wear.

"Tae, when are we leaving?" I quizzed him, my eyes following his every move as he neatly and meticulously packed up all our belongings.

"We'll leave in thirty minutes. You need to get dressed though," he announced and walked up to me, holding the dress in one hand.

"But that will be hard for me to wear now," I pointed to the dress with my chin and sulked.

"That's why I'm here," he winked, stepping closer to me.

Taehyung very delicately rid me of the hospital gown and dressed me up ever so gently, as if I was a frail doll.

"Baby, don't wear anything that might squeeze your tummy, okay? Just wear dresses like this one. Jeans might be too tight," he spoke sweetly, his hand softly caressing my lower abdomen, making me feel all warm and fuzzy within.

"Already worried about the baby?" I chuckled, stroking his waist with my healthy hand.

"Shouldn't I be?" He stroked my head softly, tucking a few strands of my matted hair behind my ears, and pecked my lips.

He gathered all our things, put on his mask, and we left the hospital and got into our car. The car drove us straight to the airport.

Thanking the driver for his help and support throughout our stay at the resort and at the hospital, Taehyung handed him a hefty amount as a token of his gratitude. After the usual security checks and passport verification, we both boarded the small private flight that flew us to Jeju last week. My arm and head hurt, but I felt okay otherwise.

Taehyung sat on my left and held my hand in his. The flight took off, and my mouth felt bitter, but I shrugged it off and decided that it was the right time to talk to him.