26. Cockblocked

🌺
She grew to understand that people don't build walls to keep others out. They do it to protect whatever is left within.
🌺

Dec 30, 2019
Amy's POV

It was finally the day of his birthday, it was snowing heavily, and I waited until midnight to wish him. I knew his phone would keep ringing, so I decided to text him instead.

Me:
Happy birthday Taehyung
Sent at 12 am

Me:
Love you loads
Sent at 12:01 am

I waited for a while to see a reply from him and fell asleep on the couch, clutching my phone in one hand. Waking up to use the restroom at an ungodly hour, I checked my phone and saw that Taehyung had seen my texts and called me once, but I didn't know.

It was 4 am, and he would be sleeping, so, I decided not to call him back. I came back from the loo and tossed and turned in bed but couldn't sleep at all. My mind was full of thoughts about him, us. And finally, I decided to text him.

I don't care if I seem clingy right now. But it is his birthday, and I so want to meet him. I missed him so bad and duh! It's already been like three chapters since we last met!

Me:
Taehyung... I want to meet you today.
Sent at 4:39 am

I went right back to sleep and woke up much later, only to see that Taehyung had not seen my message yet. However, I hoped that he wouldn't turn down my request. I showered, got dressed, ate, and waited for his reply.

My phone beeped with a text from him, and I did not waste another second reading it.

Tae:
I'll pick you up in an hour❣

Me:
I'm waiting

It was a little past four in the evening, and it was lightly snowing outside, making everything appear even more magical. I told Jay that I would be meeting Taehyung, and she told me to take the house keys with me in case I was planning to return late. I took my small handbag and Taehyung's presents and went downstairs.

After a huge decision making crisis last week, I finally decided to buy a pair of silver couple-bracelets as his birthday present since that was the only kind of jewellery he actually 'liked to wear'. Taehyung arrived in a few minutes, and I got into the car. Without a word, he drove away to a small deserted road nearby.

Parking the car under a tree and leaving the car heater turned on, Taehyung turned around to face me and took off his mask. He looked like a fairytale prince. I missed seeing him so much.

Smiling broadly, I handed him the bag of presents.
"Happy birthday, Taehyung."

"Thank you so much, Amy," he said with his boxy smile on full show, and then he proceeded to quickly unwrapped his presents.

"Wow! I love this necktie. It's just what I would pick up if I saw it in a store. And these couple-bracelets are so cute and thoughtful," he smiled cutely while putting one of the bracelets on my wrist, and letting me put the other one on his wrist.

Taehyung kissed my wrist and held my hand firmly.

"Can we move to the back seat?" He asked in his deep and husky voice, his eyebrows raised in question.

His intense stare was piercing through my soul, and my racing heart suddenly screeched to a halt, but I smiled and nodded to him, and we both got down and shifted to the back seat. Taehyung locked the doors, took off his coat and moved closer to me, letting his soft scent invade my senses.