Prologue

🌺
She believes in true love. But she has moments where she wonders if love truly believes in her.
🌺

Dec 7, 2020
Taehyung's POV

"What will you do about our memories, Taehyung? How will you get rid of them?" Amy spoke through her tears.

"Time will get rid of it all," I looked away into the distance, fearing the tears that might spill if I looked into her eyes.

Her shoulders slumped.
"I can't believe you're doing this. Don't you have even an ounce of trust in me?" Her tears fell as she spoke, and I saw it from the corner of my eye.

My heart ached, but I held back. The eyes that once held my entire universe and showed me everything, the eyes in which I saw myself, and today those eyes were pouring out endless tears.

I'm doing this for my own peace and sanity. I can't force myself to trust her.

"I don't want to go over it again. Let's end it here," I said calmly, although my heart was literally hammering out of my chest.

She gasped and then cried hard for a long time, her whole body shaking and shuddering with her whimpers, and then she sat in silence for a while as if mentally gathering her thoughts together.

I waited patiently, fighting my inner demons from reaching out for her hand.

My tears threatened to fall too, and holding them back was harder than I thought it would be. If I had known that this was how hard a breakup would be, I wouldn't have even dared to dream about being in a relationship—ever. It is always hard to accept that all good things come to an end, but little did I know that the beautiful, dreamlike days that we spent together would come crashing down to a million pieces in such a short period.

After a few painful minutes, Amy finally gathered herself together and spoke,
"Okay, Taehyung. If you want it that way, if that is what will make you feel happy and peaceful, then so be it. Let's end this. Because once a doubter will always be a doubter. I don't deserve to live like that either," she shook her head.

She's giving up too?

My heart was already running a marathon on its own.

Amy let out a long breath and continued,
"I know it is going to be a hard path ahead for me, and I don't even know if I can ever love someone the way I loved you. But I guess that's how my entire life is supposed to be. I have to endure, and I'll definitely be better off on my own than be with someone who doesn't trust me."

My eyes shot up to meet hers. Her face was puffy and her usually pretty and bright eyes were reddened and swollen, and it tore my heart out to see her like this, yet, the bitter emotions swimming within my heart clouded every other emotion and made it hard for my face to form any expressions that could reflect the chaos within my heart and mind.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Thank you for everything, Taehyung. I don't regret anything that happened between us. I'm happy I met you. I hope we don't cross each other's paths...ever."
With that she left the park, and I watched her dawdle away, wiping her tears while I just sat there, feeling lifeless.

My tears that I had been fighting for long streamed down my cheeks like a river. I held my head in my hands and broke down—alone. I could already clearly see what my days ahead of me looked like—filled with nothing but darkness and hopelessness.

My life is screwed up. How am I ever going to recover?

»»----- ⚜ -----««

Prepare to travel through the years with Amy and Taehyung.
💖