66. Dispatch

🌺
I focused so much on what I wanted. I lost sight of what I deserved.
🌺

Nov 22, 2020
Taehyung's POV

For the past few days, I've been busy with shoots, and I've hardly been able to talk well with Amy. She seems sad and stressed. Last night I got high on wine and hoped to have a blast in bed to make her forget things for a while, but she openly turned me down for the first time—unlike the other times when it was subtle or when neither of us was in the mood. I was upset, but I know how hard it must be for her. The anxiety about the test results is just killing it for us.

Last night, we slept very late, even though we did nothing, and today I woke up rather late and saw that Amy was in the kitchen already. I joined her, and we cooked a simple meal together seasoned with a lot of romance that seemed forced, as if we were both just trying to make up for last night more than wanting to feel each other's love.

I wanted to talk to her and listen to her and comfort her over our meal, but just as we were about to sit down for lunch, my phone rang.

Clicking my tongue in frustration, I shook my head.
"Aaargh... I wonder how people know the exact moment to disturb," I picked up the phone, grumbling and cursing.

It was a call from manager hyung.

"Hyung?" I answered casually.

"Taehyung, there's a short meeting today. We need you to come in," he informed me in all seriousness, the tone of his voice a bit stirred.

"Oh, and what is this about?" I raised my eyebrows, my fingers combing through my locks, pushing them away from my forehead.

I glanced over at Amy, waiting for me at the dining table to join her.

"It's something important, and it's about you," he said, sounding solemn.

What about me?

My eyebrows knitted in confusion, my heart starting to beat a little faster.
"What? When is the meeting?" I was confused.

"At 7 pm today. Oh, and none of the others know. So, don't tell anyone for now," he added, fueling the confusion brewing within my mind.

A secret meeting? About me? What could it be?

"Alright, I'll come," I replied vaguely, and we ended the call.

"Honey, is everything okay?" Amy walked up to me, her voice sounding concerned.

I stood puzzled, my face struggling to form an expression that could appropriately reflect the small pandemonium within my mind.

"You look confused. What happened?" She asked me, her eyes searching mine for an answer as she held my hand in hers.

"Manager hyung called now. There's a meeting at the company today at 7 pm. I have to attend it," I informed her, and she tilted her head to the side, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, that's nothing unusual, right?" She was confused now.

"But this meeting is a secret one for just me, and it's about me, apparently," I looked at her puzzled, my eyebrows lifting, and my eyes riveted to her face, yet I wasn't looking into her eyes, my thoughts were distracted.

Her eyes widened.
"What? What's that supposed to mean, Tae?"

"I don't know," I shrugged weakly.

"Okay, let's not overthink. Just attend it casually. It won't be anything serious. Don't worry, okay, baby?" She held my face in her soft palms, and I touched her hands with mine, giving her a tired smile.