67. Postponement

🌺
And no matter where our life takes us, you will always be part of me. I'm in love with your spirit, bound to your heart and wedded to your soul.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

I reached home and went upstairs after parking my car, all the while my mind was trying to frame the appropriate sentences to convey the message to Amy and pour out the torment within my heart and mind.

Amy opened the door cheerfully, and I couldn't even force a smile to my lips.

"Tae..." she smiled brightly, and I walked over to hug her while kicking the door shut behind me.

She sensed I wasn't okay and held me in her warmth for longer and rubbed my back comfortingly. Her belly was like a speedbump between us.

"Baby, let's sit down first," she said calmly, pulling away to look at my face brightly painted all over with trouble and worry.

I sat down on the couch and repeatedly ran my fingers through my hair, nervously chewing the corners of my lips, my eyes glued to the floor beneath my feet.

Amy's POV

Sitting beside Taehyung, I could feel the sadness and confusion that his entire self emitted, and I held his hand in mine.

"Is something troubling you?" I asked, softly brushing my other hand over his hair.

Taehyung's eyes lifted to look at me, his puppy eyes were troubled and sad, and it hurt my heart.

"Kind of... the meeting was about me...about us," he said nervously, his usually warm fingers feeling cold to the touch.

"Us?" My eyes widened, and my heart raced.

"Yeah, they found out about us. Actually, Dispatch found out about us and CEO nim paid them not to release the news and pictures," he said looking into my eyes, and my eyebrows shot upwards in shock.

"Pictures too?" I was terrified.

"Yeah, baby... they have like at least ten pictures of us. Pictures of us from Jeju and the maternity hospital visits here," he replied, still in shock, his face totally pale and devoid of any color.

"What?? Oh my God!" My jaw dropped, my hands growing sweaty.

"Baby, CEO nim suggests that we put off our wedding by a few more years just so my career as an artist is safe and you can be safe too," he looked into my eyes, and my stomach churned at the words I just heard, but I nodded calmly, trying my best to conceal and mask the swirling tempest of emotions within my heart by putting up a calm face.

"I felt like that made sense, but I will take your decision as the final one in this, Amy. I don't care about anyone or anything else. We will do whatever you say," he squeezed my hand lightly and looked at me for an answer.

I spoke calmly despite the tsunami of mixed emotions that was swallowing me from the inside, not wanting to make him feel bad about anything.

"Tae, I was excited about getting married to you. But deep inside I was worried about a million other things too...like how to completely be discreet and hide it from media and things like that. To me, your career is very important, Taehyung," I moved closer and held his cheeks in my palms and continued speaking, "Whether we get married now or later, it doesn't matter to me as long as we are together. I don't mind living away from you and meeting you once in a while too because, honestly, living together is risky for you even though it is like heaven," I threaded my hands through his back locks and looked into his sad eyes, and my heart shredded to bits as I said those words.