64. The Perfect Name

🌺
He taught me how to love. But he didn't teach me how to stop.
🌺

Nov 5, 2020
Taehyung's POV

After a long time, I picked up Amy after work today, and we had dinner at the first restaurant we had been to together almost a year and a half ago.

It was nostalgic and beautiful to go back there with loads of memories stored safely within the crevices of our hearts.

Back at home, we showered together, brushed our teeth and slipped on some clothes. Amy ate some sandwiches since junior kept kicking for food and attention.

After a while the baby stopped moving around too much, and we sat down to decide a name for our son since we didn't feel sleepy or horny, and, of course, with a plate full of strawberries resting on top of Amy's belly, which she now used as a snack stand.

"Tae, I have no idea about baby names. Only thing I know is that his name will have three parts, one of which is Kim. The other two parts I have no clue," Amy declared, leaning back in her seat and popping a strawberry into her mouth.

Smiling, I ruffled her hair and adjusted my glasses.
"I want to give him a name that means handsome, clever, talented and something along those lines. All Korean names have meanings, and, of course, he will be Kim dash dash... we have to fill in the dashes now," I replied excitedly as I opened up a webpage with baby name suggestions.

Amy nodded, and we started looking out for names on the internet.

"Traditionally, we go to a naming master to pick a name for the baby. But now we can pick one and get it cross-verified with a naming master," I explained, and Amy hummed in response since her mouth was full with a few strawberries.

"How do you like the name Ye Jun?" I asked her.

"Mmm...no." Amy shook her head.

"Ji Ho?"

"Nah..." she frowned.

"Min Jun?"

She gasped instantly and sat upright and spoke like as if she had a sudden revelation
"Hey...that rhymes with SeoJun... I like it. And there's Min that sounds like Ji'Min'. I love this name. It's like all of my favourite actors put together" she chuckled

I laughed at her cuteness.
"You're unleashing your inner fangirl now? You're funny... do you really like this name?"

"Yeah, Min Jun... I love it." She showed her thumbs up and smiled broadly, leaning back on the couch, the snack plate returning to its place.

"Kim MinJun.... mmm... sounds cool. I love it too," I agreed, nodding.

Amy popped a strawberry into her mouth and nodded.
"Yeah, I told you... it sounds cool. What does it mean though?" She was curious.

"MinJun means gentle, handsome, clever, sharp and talented. Suits our son perfectly" I announced proudly.

She clapped on my thigh and passed the bowl of strawberries to me.
"Awesome... don't you have to discuss it with your parents? I mean, naming a baby is a major event in Korean culture, right?" Amy was curious, shifting in her seat when the baby rolled from one end to the other.

I nodded, stroking her belly, attempting to calm down junior.
"Yeah, right. But my parents are more forward than most others, and they'll be okay with my choice. They already love you, so they'll love this name and our son too. No doubts about that," I stroked her head gently, planting a kiss on her forehead with a small sound.

"We should include Jung in our next child's name. I feel bad for leaving out Jungkook" Amy said with a small pout.

"What?? You're hilarious!" I laughed hard and said, "you really are fangirling now! I thought I'm your favorite." I pouted lightly.