14. Like

🌺
She loves hard because she knows how it feels to be loved so little.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

Is Amy lonely? I had no clue. What did she have to endure in her past? Why does she not feel comfortable talking about her family? I want to know more about her, but she doesn't seem as if she wants to talk yet. I don't want to seem forceful or nagging although the questions on my mind are telling me to do otherwise.

She looked so lost suddenly, and I felt like giving her a warm hug, telling her that everything would be okay soon, and that she wouldn't feel lonely as long as I'm by her side.

I decided to speak of something else and change her mood.
"Do you want to have ice-cream?" I distracted her.

"Yeah, okay. I wanted to ask you this afternoon, but I forgot," she giggled shyly.

"Ah... you should've asked. I'll get it for us now," I said, and she nodded, smiling sweetly.

Pulling over at a drive-through ice-cream store, we picked up cookie dough for me and choco-chip for her. We shared and ate the ice-creams. Amy seemed to relax a bit, and I felt better too.

In the future, I decided not to bring up sensitive topics that made her uneasy. I would wait for her to open up, and if she didn't want to, that'd be okay too.

"Cookie Dough is so yummy," she said and took a spoon off of mine.

"Can we get another one and share it?" I asked her, sounding quite desperate to extend our date.

"Ah... no, no. This is enough for me. Do you want another one though?" She asked without looking up from her dessert.

But I was only looking at her, diligently observing and admiring her every move and her little habits.
"I can have it if you want to," I replied.

"Then it's okay. Let's finish this up. Don't buy another one," she smiled, still looking at her ice-cream.

I chuckled, "Okay."

I was starting to feel extremely sad as our Sunday date was about to end like a flash of lightning. An entire day seemed to have passed by in the blink of an eye. Without her, I would've just lazed around at home and spent my time uselessly watching TV or trying to control my itching hand from reaching out for computer games. I'm not fully over it yet although I'm trying my best.

I drove her home and dropped her off around 9:30 pm, by when Amy began yawning and shedding sleepy tears from the corners of her doe-eyes as she yawned. We said our goodbyes, and I left with a heavy heart, yet feeling satisfied.

Once at home, I called my dad, and my parents agreed to come over in a couple of days to stay with me until I left for my overseas shoot next month. I felt so much better already.

I texted Amy.

Me:
Hi... just spoke to my dad.

Me:
They're coming over in a couple of days 😃

Amy replied almost instantly.

Amy:
That's great!

Amy:
I hope you really enjoy your time with them. Actually, I was just about to text you

Me:
really? Telepathy 😁

Amy:
Haha yeah... I wanted to thank you for making my Sunday amazing.

Amy:
I loved it today :):)

I smiled broadly seeing her message.

Me:
Same... we should do this more often 😉