76. Revelations

🌺
You are strong enough to start again.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

My mind was completely destroyed, and all of my past stood before my eyes, naked and stripped of all the blatant lies I had been telling myself all these years that those are just memories that would fade away with time. Everything was boiling low inside my head until I saw her today. Not that I was feeling great all these years, but now I suddenly longed to be with Amy.

The crazy things love can do to us is beyond imagination.

As I drove back home, I couldn't stop my train of thoughts that sent my mind rattling away to distant places—places with just me and her and our junior.

What should I do now? I need to find out if MinJun is really my son, if Amy is married now, if she has any more kids.... Should I find it out myself? Maybe if I confront her directly?

Making up my mind at the speed of light, I drove straight to the house where she lived at Songpa-gu hoping to meet her and find out answers to the numerous questions that had begun mushrooming within my head.

A strong wave of nostalgia hit me on the face as the house slowly came into view while I turned the corner to the street.

This house is where she accepted my confession, the house that stores the memories of our first kiss, the place where we made lots of burning hot, passionate love.

As I pulled over in front of the house, my memories of Amy rushed back before my eyes in full force. It looked as if she was standing there smiling at me, waving to me.

The last time I left her here, I didn't even turn to look at her, and she was six months pregnant then. Was I even human to dump her like that? I spat at myself.

Wearing my mask, I got out of the car, gathered my thoughts, took the stairs up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

The last time I was here ringing the doorbell was when we were out of talking terms because of Ah Ra. Amy's sad eyes flashed in my mind.

I shook my head to dispel the disturbing, sad images and waited. But there was no response.

Did she see me through the peering glass?

I rang the doorbell again and hid myself in the staircase. This time the door opened, and I frowned when I saw a middle-aged, big-built Korean man opening the door.

Is he Amy's husband? He looks crude and rough.

He was half dressed, and he looked around annoyed.

Was he in the middle of something?

I crouched in the staircase, and he didn't notice me, and then a short and stout woman came out from behind him. She wasn't dressed fully either.

"What happened, honey?" She asked him, hands planted on her hips.

Where's Amy?

I stood up from my hiding in the stairs and went up to them with my mask still covering half of my face.

"Who are you?" The man boomed, almost making me flinch.

"Does Amy live here?" I asked, still without removing my mask.

"Who?" They both asked in unison, their eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"Dr. Amy Jacob," I repeated firmly.

"Who the hell are you? There's no Amy or whoever here. Fuck off!!" They slammed the door on my face and went in.

So Amy doesn't live here anymore? Where is she? Where do they live now? What about Jay?