85. A True Apology

🌺
Jealousy is the inner consciousness of one's own inferiority. It is a mental cancer.
🌺

*flashback to Dec 3, 2020*
Author's POV

Taehyung and Amy were in the VIP lounge waiting for their DNA profiling reports and watching a drama on the phone while they waited. They were laughing together and trying to relax despite the stress of the impending test results.

Life over the past few weeks had been highly stressful for them both with declining interest in physical intimacy, forgetting important events, less time together due to hectic work schedules and other small things which might otherwise have been insignificant, but for them it was taking a toll on their relationship without them having realized it—the root cause for all of it being the extreme tension and stress surrounding the screening test results.

Just then, Ah Ra, whose father worked as the senior genetic analyst at the DNA screening lab, entered the building. It was her father's birthday, and she wanted to pay him a surprise visit at the lab since she hadn't met him in more than a month because of her busy schedule and overseas concert tour.

"Dr. Jung is in a meeting right now. He'll be available in another ten minutes. Would you like to wait in his room?" Asked the nurse with a warm smile.

"It's okay. I will take a walk around here. It seems less crowded today," Ah Ra smiled inside her mask and walked away to take a stroll in and around the sprawling main building.

As she passed by the VIP waiting lounge, she happened to catch a glimpse of Taehyung, and instantly her eyes widened, and her pulse raced.

Quickly jogging upto the door of the lounge, she saw again closely. It was him, and he was with Amy, and they were happy. She could see them only from behind, but they were so happy together.

Taehyung was happy, and that irritated Ah Ra.

Her anger seethed through her nerves. Her vision turned red and then green as her mind was filled with curiosity and anger and jealousy—curiosity about why they were here and jealousy because she was not the one laughing along with Taehyung and anger because he was not hers.

Until she saw him again, she didn't sit down and think about him, she didn't feel revenge or jealousy or anger. But now she realized that she was never really over him, and she felt all the sinful emotions taking over her mind.

Why were they here? She needed to find out.

She decided to ask the nurse in the lab, and quickly jogged to the lab and spoke to the nurse.

"Umm... Could you help me with something?" She asked impatiently.

"Yes, madam... please tell me," the nurse responded politely.

"There are two people in the VIP waiting lounge. May I know why they are here?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh... they're here for cord banking for the baby. And they're waiting for their DNA profiling reports" the nurse replied.

Her forehead crinkled and eyebrows creased in confusion.
"Wait, what? Cord banking? I don't get it... are they expecting a baby?" Ah Ra was shocked, surprised and confused—all at once.

"Yes, madam," the nurse nodded, smiling.

Ah Ra's eyes went as wide as they could possibly go, and her mouth hung open, thankfully concealed by the mask.

"Whoa! That's big news... thank you so much," she replied calmly although her mind was already plotting horribly evil plans.

She was oscillating between leaking the news and ruining Taehyung's career or using this information to ruin their relationship. Jealousy blinded her.