18. Dinner

🌺
Her heart will always believe like that little girl who knew that love could save us all.
🌺

Oh my God! Is Taehyung coming to spend time with me?

Relax, you've already spent time with him many times, so it's nothing new.

WHAT? NO! Of course, it's new now.

Fortunately, I cleaned up the house. But I look like a mess, and I should take a shower right away. I am mentally prepared to confess in case he initiates once again, but I wouldn't ever dare to do it first.

Placing the order for two meals, I rushed into the shower. After about fifteen minutes, I stepped out in my bathrobe with dripping wet hair. I quickly blow-dried my hair, and as I finished dressing up, I heard the sound of a parking car.

It must be him.

Okay, okay... relax. Be cool. He will eat the meal, spend time with you and leave. It's nothing. You can handle it, Amy.

The doorbell rang, and I quickly glanced through the house for a final check and rushed to open the door. Before I did, I let out a few short puffs of breath and opened the door calmly.

Taehyung stood at the doorstep, tall and handsome as ever. I was seeing him after more than a month, and I wanted to literally hug him tight since I missed being with him so much. He wore his trademark loose-fit trousers, a plain white T-shirt and a cardigan over it, and even with his mask and a bucket hat, he was unmistakably handsome.

My heartbeat quickened in a flash.

Taehyung waved at me in tiny, and I waved back with a smile, gesturing for him to enter the house. He bowed slightly and stepped in while taking off his slip-ons, mask and hat.

I followed him, closing and locking the door behind me.

"Wow... this place is so pretty. It smells great in here. And not small at all. It is perfect for two," he declared, looking around the house from where he stood.

"Thank you," I replied with a smile.

Taehyung went ahead and flopped down on the couch, and our eyes met and stayed on each other.

"I already ordered food for us. It should be here anytime now," I said, still unable to break eye contact.

"Sounds good" Taehyung smiled back, our gazes getting tangled magnetically with each passing second, causing a lightness within my stomach.

"Please be comfortable. I'll get you something to drink," I said, finally feeling the dire need to breathe in peace.

He nodded, and I went into the kitchen to get him a drink while trying to get my breathing and heartbeat under control. Opening the fridge, I scanned the bottles stacked inside.

Fruit cider? Okay!

I grabbed a bottle from the fridge and gave it to him.

"Thank you! Why don't you sit down?" He asked and leaned back on the couch.

"Okay..." I smiled foolishly and sat down at the other end of the couch farthest away from him as possible. He had spread his legs and taken up a lot of space on the couch, and so I sat uncomfortably at the other end. I was a broad sitter too, usually taking up the entire couch while sitting in the most un-lady-like manner. But today, I didn't mind sitting pretty since it was Kim Taehyung!

"So..." as I began speaking, the doorbell rang, and I got up to see.

"The food must be here," I announced and walked to the door.