15. Stunner

🌺
My story is filled with bad choices, heartbreak and dead ends. But it's also a tale of rebirth, survival and rising from the ashes.
🌺

I ran along the meadow in a white dress and flowy hair. A tall man with perfect proportions stood with his back turned to me. His sheer shirt revealed his strong shoulders and back. I walked up to him and hugged his waist pressing my body on to his body. He touched my hands. I looked up and saw his beautiful silky black hair fluttering gently in the soft breeze. He turned around and hugged me to his chest. I couldn't see his face. I hugged him tight and listened to his beating heart, the music that sounded in my ears. It was like the comfort I never knew I needed. I tried to look at his face but I couldn't. He stroked my head gently and touched my face with his lovely soft fingers. I felt all my worries fly away. My tears flowed and wetted his already sheer shirt and made it stick to his skin. His hot breath touched my forehead. I placed a hand on his chest and looked up...

My alarm clock blared, and I woke up with a jolt, my head hurting badly. I turned off the alarm and checked the time, it was just 5 am.

How the hell?

I had mistakenly set the alarm for everyday instead of just for yesterday.

Arrghh... this dream of mine gets interrupted at the most interesting point each time. I was just about to look at the face that belonged to the man in my dream. Why did I feel as if my worries melted away? Why did I feel so comforted and safe in his arms? Probably because that kind of man exists only in my dreams.

Sighing, I turned off the alarm and shut my eyes tight, trying to go back to sleep to see the dream again. But I only tossed and turned and couldn't sleep at all, and my head throbbed like hell.

So, I decided to get up and start my day. Jay got up too, and we both cooked breakfast together and got ready for work. I decided to take the subway with her today since I was ready much earlier than usual.

We both took the subway up to Jay's station. I got down with her and took a taxi from there to the hospital after seeing her off. I felt calm and happy, but I didn't know the reason—I liked feeling this way.

Sep 1, 2019

The entire week passed by in a flash, and Taehyung and I texted casually once in a while. His parents had not yet come over to stay with him since they had to attend a funeral at their hometown. They would be coming in tomorrow. So, I gave him company whenever he texted me or called me in between his packed schedule and when he was at home so that he wouldn't feel so lonely. He went to Jungkook's birthday party last night and relaxed well.

I loved talking to him; it was almost like my stress buster.

It was Sunday again, and Jay and I were supposed to go out, but Jay had some paperwork to do at her office for her upcoming Hong Kong travel, and so she left me alone at home. I sulked and decided to just waste the day lying on the couch and maybe watch some dramas after posting a birthday wish tweet for Jungkook, which he obviously wouldn't see.

A while later, Taehyung texted me.

Taehyung:
morning Amy! Where you going today?

Me:
Nowhere, Taehyung.

Me:
Jay dumped me and went to office :(

Taehyung:
Ahh is it? Can we meet then?

My mood piped up all of a sudden.

Me:
I thought I can laze around on the couch today