75. Her

🌺
But what if, somewhere between letting go and holding on we found the courage to love again?
🌺

Taehyung's POV

"Mr Kim Taehyung..." a voice interrupted from behind, instantly making me gasp and whip around in panic. Much to my relief, it was the school principal, and she stood with a smile, motioning for me to join them on stage.

Phew! If I was caught, I would have almost looked like a creep.

Puffing out a breath of relief, I took off my mask and walked behind her, my hand still inside my trouser pocket holding on to the picture.

As we approached the stage, the chatters of the little voices grew louder and louder until it was finally a cacophony of giggles, screams and cries when we stepped on to the stage.

In a few seconds the sounds died down, and I was seated onstage along with the principal and a few teachers. One of the teachers introduced me to the kids, and I waved to them, and almost all of them waved back enthusiastically, making me laugh.

Their cute round faces, little pigtails, button noses and their adorable smiles definitely brightened up my mood. Being a kindergarten school, the kids were all younger than seven years of age, and they chattered and fiddled in their seats non-stop. I couldn't help but smile broadly at their cuteness.

Soon, the prize winners for each contest was being announced, and I handed the prize to each kid. Each one smiled differently, and I wanted to just squish their cheeks and play with them. I couldn't stop smiling despite my cheeks hurting badly from the constant smiling and laughing.

Then came the list of prize winners for the singing contest.

"First place goes to Kim MinJun," announced the teacher.

My eyes shot up, and I saw him walking up the stage.

It was him.

My razor sharp memory didn't fail me.

The exact same kid that I met on the flight early last year, except that he was a bit taller now. I couldn't believe my eyes.

My heart raced seeing this kid. He looked like a mini clone of me, and he came up to me flashing his cute boxy smile.

I automatically smiled back as if I was a mirror reflecting his smile, and I crouched down to his level, looking into his eyes.

That could have been my son

"Hey, MinJun ah... do you remember me?" I smiled and asked, ruffling his silky black hair.

"Umm? Sorry, no," he shook his head and blinked.

Of course, he wouldn't.

"Ahh... last year we met on the flight. But you were too small, and I guess you don't remember now. Anyway, I'm Kim Taehyung," I smiled and extended my hand to him for a handshake.

Everyone around us was looking at us. But I didn't care. MinJun gave me his hand. It was soft and pudgy, and he had tiny cute fingers.

I held his hand in mine and spoke to him,
"So, you won the first place in the singing contest?"

"Yes," he smiled brightly and nodded vigorously.

I chuckled, stroking his head.
"That's amazing. Do you like singing?" I asked him curiously.

"I love singing songs," he nodded vigorously once again.

"I love singing too..." I said, but I was cut short by a teacher who informed me that there were a few more kids waiting to receive their prizes.