38. Quandary

🌺
When a woman is silent, she's either overthinking, falling apart, crying inside, she's done... or all of the above.
🌺

Amy's POV

The female patient who was waiting to meet me walked into my room. I expected a non-Korean woman but was surprised to see a Korean woman. She was slim and looked like a celebrity with amazing skin and hair. Dressed in a pair of pointy heeled shoes, a short and perfectly fitted dress highlighting her amazing body proportions, and a mask which she took off once she came in—she looked stunningly beautiful and her face seemed a bit familiar to me, but still, I couldn't recognize her right away.

"Hello, please be seated," I smiled and told her, pointing to the chair in front of me.

Smiling lightly, she nodded and occupied the seat.

"So, your name, please? I heard you wanted to meet me in particular?" I asked her as I flipped the pages of my notebook.

"Yes, doctor. I wanted to meet you only. Because I'm not here for counselling. I wanted to meet you about something else personal. My name is Jung Ah Ra. Heard before?" She spoke in her sweet voice and smiled.

My hands froze in place, and my eyes widened for a second before they lifted to look at her more closely.

Is she the Ah Ra that I kept hearing about this morning? I thought Taehyung agreed to meet her. Why is she here to meet me though? I'll jog my memory to try and remember her...

"Ahh... I'm not sure I know you. Any specific reason why you wanted to meet me?" I placed my hands crossed on the table and tried to sound calm.

She nodded.
"Yeah, like I told you. I have something personal to talk about."

Oh my! I remember now. She's the Ah Ra that Taehyung told me about.

I looked up her pictures on the internet back then, and that's why she looked familiar. I was disliking her already. Whatever it was that she wanted to say, I did not want to listen to any of it.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think we have any personal stuff in common. Also, I deal only with work when I'm here. If it's personal, I take it outside of work," I replied confidently with a smile.

"Ahhh, really?" She exclaimed dramatically. "That's a shame. So, is that why you've been meeting Taehyung outside of work? Because it's personal and not professional anymore?" She crossed her hands across her chest and smirked.

My heartbeat was racing, and I was getting a bit nervous.

How does she know? Maybe she's just trying to bait me. Act cool. NOW!

"I'm sorry? I don't understand what you're talking about. It will be great if you can leave now since there's nothing work-related to discuss here," I spoke politely and pointed to the door with my pen.

"But I'm not done yet. And stop acting innocent. I know you've been going out with Taehyung. I have solid proofs. Now sit right there and listen to what I have to say, okay?" She banged her fists on the table as she stood up and scowled at me.

"Calm down first and sit down. I'll give you ten minutes. Say what you want to say and leave," I folded my hands and leaned back in my chair.

I want to stab the pen in my hand into her eyeballs!

She sat back down and took a deep breath.
"Look. I know for a fact that you and Taehyung have been going out for some time now. I have my sources. Do you think you deserve him? He's a superstar celebrity. World famous. He lives the glam life. I bet you have no idea about it."