17. The Man Of Her Dreams

🌺
"It's impossible" said pride.
"It's risky" said experience.
"It's pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered my heart.
🌺

Amy's POV

I picked up my phone and thought for a long while before deciding to send him a picture of the dumpling I was eating, and he replied in a few minutes.

Taehyung:
Wooww... I love Chinese food...

Taehyung:
where are you eating today?

Me:
at Jonny dumpling 😊

Taehyung:
amazing!

Taehyung:
Enjoy your meal... 😋

Me:
I am 😊

Taehyung:
are you eating alone?

Me:
Yeah

Taehyung:
You should've called me ☹

Me:
Taehyung, this place is full.

Me:
You won't be able to eat here...

Taehyung:
🙁🙁

Me:
It's okay... next time!!

Me:
I missed you suddenly

Taehyung's POV

My smile got broader and my heart skipped a few beats seeing her messages. I've been missing her so much since I dropped her off yesterday. I didn't want to seem nagging, and so I didn't text her all this while, although I picked up my phone a hundred times desperately wanting to text her or call her, just so I could hear her voice.

Me:
Amy... I've been missing you too.

Me:
Shall I call?

The next moment she called, and I picked up before the first full ring.
"Amy," I spoke as I lay down on the couch.

"Taehyung, what are you doing?" She asked softly, the sounds of blowing winds, passing buses, and honking horns in the background making her voice seem meeker.

"I just cleaned up the house a bit and thought of working out for a while. Are you done with lunch?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm walking back to the hospital now," she informed me.

"I'm hungry now, and I'm going to order some dumplings too. Your picture tempted me," I chuckled and began pacing the length of the room. Speaking to her while alone at home made me behave like a teenager in love. I was smiling all the time, and I just couldn't stay put in one place.

Amy chuckled, "When are your parents coming over?"

"They'll be here in a few hours," I said, combing my hair with my fingers and meddling with the artefacts placed near the TV.

"Yeontan too?" Amy was curious.

"Yeah, Tannie too. I haven't seen him in ages," I smiled and began walking up and down once again.

"That's so cute... have a nice time and, most importantly, relax well. Okay?" She asked in a playfully strict way.

"I will... don't worry," I reassured her.

"Okay, Taehyung. I'll get to work now. Talk to you later. Eat soon," she said, the background sounds now changed into muffled voices and elevator sounds.