13. Sunday Date

🌺
Still, I will die tomorrow knowing I spent a handful of breathless moments with you, than live a lifetime of ordinary breathing.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

It was beautiful indeed. Holding her soft hand and being by her side was more beautiful than watching the sunrise. My heart fluttered. I didn't want to let go, and when our eyes met, I just couldn't look away. Her eyes were magnetic, making my heart pound like crazy.

What is going on? Am I starting to like her more than just as a friend? I mean, what friend makes your heart flutter?

I couldn't explain my feelings, but I knew right then that I wanted to hold her hands and be by her side for a long time.

"Shall we leave?" Amy interrupted my daydream.

Already?

"Yeah," I nodded and got into the car. I drove us to a nearby traditional breakfast place and picked up some gimbap and sandwiches, and we ate quietly in the backseat of my car.

"Can we watch a movie today?" I proposed a plan to Amy while we were finishing up our breakfast.

She hummed in response and spoke while wiping the corners of her mouth with a tissue.
"Movie? Sure...which one?"

She wasn't looking at me, but I couldn't look away from her.
"There was one new release two days ago. I'll look up the show timings and tickets," I said as I pulled out my phone, my eyes still fixed on her.

Her eyes suddenly lifted to meet mine, and I had to deploy my lightning fast reflexes to look at my phone screen instead. The show was in an hour, and I booked two tickets for us.

"Done! The show starts at 10:30. We'll get there in about...forty minutes," I announced with a big smile.

"Sounds good. I'm okay as long as it's safe for you. I don't want you to get into trouble because of me," she smiled.

I didn't know if I was being too bossy and dominant. I wondered if she really wanted to watch a movie or if she had any other plans.

"It's totally safe at this hour or late at night. Umm... Amy, is there something else you wanted to do?" I asked her just to be sure.

"No, Taehyung. I had absolutely no plans," she shook her head.

Good! Great!

"Okay, then," I smiled, and we both shifted to our front-row seats.

We reached the movie theatre building in a while, and I stepped out wearing my mask and a bucket hat, which were apparently meant for disguising but unfortunately attracting more attention. We walked swiftly to the theatre after getting our tickets verified. It was practically empty inside since it was a Sunday morning show. There were only around eight or nine people seated randomly inside the cinema hall, apart from the two of us. I had booked the top row corner couple-seats for us.

Occupying our seats, I sank down in the softness so that I could remove my mask and still not be noticed by anyone.

The movie started to play, but I couldn't focus on it at all. My mind was full of Amy and questions about my strange feelings. I randomly held her hand, and she held my hand back and looked into my eyes.

Her eyes always made me weak and soft. I gulped, smiling at her. She smiled softly and returned her gaze to the screen, but I was still looking at her, her face illuminated by the light from the large screen.

She looks beautiful indeed. She has absolutely no makeup on today and is dressed in simple clothes. Yet she looks dashing.

I feel so human when I'm with her... without any pressures of work or looking perfect or saying the right things and behaving a certain way. I am myself around her. She's my journal that helps me stay connected with my real self.