84. Unveiled

🌺
Behind every strong woman is a story that gave her no choice.
🌺

Jimin's POV

Once I ended the call with Taehyung, right away I called JiHye's sister JiWon, and she answered in a few seconds.
"Hi, Jimin...how have you been?" She asked cheerfully.

"I've been good, JiWon. Listen, I need some information from you," I told her, not wanting to beat around the bush.

"I'll tell you what I know. What's it about?" She asked, suddenly sounding more attentive.

"You remember the profiling we got done for Taehyung a few weeks ago? That was originally done six years back, and the report was not what you told us now," I informed her, and she let out a small gasp.

"What? But I told you what was generated. I didn't make it up. I promise," her voice came out in a worried manner.

"Hey, relax...I know that. But I think the old report was made up by someone. We need to know who did it," I explained to her.

"Ahh... okay... I get it. Can I check who signed the report?" She asked.

"Umm... Is it possible to check that on your system?" I asked her, nervously running a hand through my hair, wondering if there was any other possible way since I wasn't sure if the original report was still with Taehyung. I had seen it many years ago, but I obviously didn't even notice who had signed it.

JiWon gave a negative hum.
"No, Jimin. Signing is done after the report is printed out. So it has to be checked on the actual printed old report. I hope you still have it... because we destroy our archived paper reports which are older than two years," she said, and I suddenly felt all the lights of hope going off.

What if the original report is not available anymore?

"Uh...mmm... I think Taehyung does. Is there no other way?" I asked, my voice reflecting the state of panic within my mind like a mirror.

"I guess no. Because the report can be edited and printed out by anyone with admin privileges without saving the changes. So it will be the actual correct one in the system, whereas there could be changes in the printed one. You understand what I'm telling?" She explained, and my shoulders dropped in defeat.

"Ohh... I understand, JiWon. I'll talk to Taehyung and get back to you. Thank you for this information," I thanked her, feeling hopeless anyway.

"You're most welcome," she said, and we ended the call.

The next moment, I called Taehyung.
"Taeh-"

"Did you call her?" He asked impatiently, not even letting me breathe in peace.

Sighing, I nodded my head.
"I did. She wants to see who signed the report. Do you have the old report with you?" I was curious.

"What? I don't have it. I gave it to Amy. Why does she need that though?" He sounded flustered, the tone of his voice coming out higher and louder than usual.

"Because that's the only way to find out," I informed him, and he groaned in disappointment.

"Aisssh!!! How do I get it from Amy? What if she has thrown it away already?" Taehyung panicked, mirroring my own panicked state.

I truly want the best for him and Amy, and without proving the foulplay in the original report, there is no way that they would get back to their old lives.

"There's no way to find out then. That's what she said," I said, feeling remorseful, wishing there was some other way to help mend their lives.

There was a long pause with neither of us speaking anything.