53. The Big Moment

🌺
Always remember, my heart holds you when my arms cannot.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

Fetus? 9 weeks with a heartbeat? So, Amy is pregnant? She is carrying our baby inside her? Given my horrible skills in the pullout game every single time, this was bound to happen some day. I worried about it sometimes...but not anymore.

My emotions overwhelmed, and my tears flowed uncontrollably.

"Please do not worry, Taehyung-ssi. Your privacy will be our top priority. We will work hard," the doctor smiled and reassured me.

I nodded vigorously.
"Doctor, I trust you. Please save Amy. She is very precious," my voice cracked, and I cried as I spoke.

"We will do our best. Please wait in the VIP Lounge. We will update you once she wakes up," he informed and got up to leave the room.

"Can I see her now?" I asked him wiping off my tears with one hand and clenching the reports in the other.

He let out a tired sigh.
"You can see her from outside the emergency ward. I'm sorry because we don't want to risk any infections," he said and patted my shoulder.

I nodded, wiped my tears and got up to see Amy. The nurse took the reports from me, guided me to the emergency room and told me to see Amy through the glass door. A million thoughts came flooding through my mind, drowning my sanity as I approached the doors to her room.

Peeping in through the transparent part of the glass door, my heart was crushed to pieces seeing her lying amongst a tangle of tubes and wires sticking out of her frail body that was dressed in a hospital gown.

Our baby was inside her. I wanted to hold her and let her know. I wanted to feel happy that I would be a dad soon. I wanted us to revel in the joy of impending parenthood. I wanted us to be happy and kissing through our tears when we knew that we created life.

But I felt miserable, and I wanted her back more than anything else.

My tears rolled down my cheeks as if a dam broke.

"Do not worry, sir. Her vitals are stable. She will wake up soon. The bleeding was from the scalp only. It is taken care of," the nurse spoke reassuringly.

"Thank you," I said to the nurse, my shoulders dropping as I walked away to the waiting lounge.

The nurse came back in and handed me a bag with Amy's blood-stained and ripped clothes, and her watch and the engagement ring, which stayed on her beautiful finger for not even 24 hours.

My whole life felt empty.

So it is the pregnancy that made Amy wake up feeling sick every morning since we came to Jeju? 9 weeks means around two months. That is, probably when we met after the fanmeet? That makes sense...she said she wasn't in her safe days.

I prayed that she would wake up soon. I needed to talk to someone. I needed some comfort.

I quickly decided to call Jimin and tell him everything.

"Taehyungie, calm down. How long has it been since the accident?" He asked worriedly.

"Three hours," I sniffed, feeling miserable and helpless.

"Any improvements till now?" His voice softened.

"They said her vitals are stable now," I informed him, trying in vain to end my tears by wiping them away.

"Stay strong, Taehyung. Is she also pregnant now?" He asked me rhetorically, and I hummed in response.

"Yes," I said, heavy emotions clouding my thoughts.