73. Accepting

🌺
Some say it's painful to wait for someone.
Some say it's painful to forget someone.
But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.
🌺

Feb 18, 2025
Amy's POV

"Jay... all set?" I asked her as I did a final check to make sure the balcony doors and windows were all locked securely.

"Yes, babe, all set. Are you guys ready? What's honey bun doing?" She asked excitedly.

I chuckled.
"He's all set, Jay... fully excited. I hope he manages well."

"He will, Amy. He's the best baby ever. We'll pick you up in thirty minutes, okay?" She reassured me, and I hummed in response.

"Okay, Jay. Call me when you're here. We'll come down with the luggage," I said, and we ended the call.

Jay is getting married in a week. She and Allan bought a new house, and they moved in there last month. They are getting married in America, and I am her maid of honour, obviously. Which means that me and MinJun are flying to America for the wedding. Allan and Jay are the only people who care about us, and we are practically family.

I rechecked our luggage. I have bought a pair of couple rings with the sound waveforms of their names engraved on the rings as their wedding present. Old trend, but it's something that I've always liked seeing on a couple's fingers. I'm sure Jay and Allan will like it.

Jay has been another mother to MinJun. She was the one who took care of me and the baby after the delivery, effortlessly balancing work and me and the baby. She has been more than a bestie and a soul sister to me.. she has literally been a mother to me.

Allan helped out with all the hospital visits, vaccinations and every single emergency shopping agenda. Allan and Jay are more than just God parents to MinJun—they are gifts and blessings in our lives.

I am excited about Jay's wedding. MinJun turned four recently, and he is still too little to understand what is going on. He is excited about his first flight which is almost all the way across to the other side of the globe. I am nervous about how he would handle it, but I still have no choice than to fly.

"MinJun-ah.... Are you excited about flying?" I scooped him into my arms, cuddled him tight and kissed his chubby cheeks hard.

"Yes, eomma... I'm so excited," he clapped and squealed.

"You'll have lots of fun for sure," I hugged him tighter. He was such a squishy bun, and he loved tight cuddles.

After a small debate about whether or not to pack his half-chewed, stuffed panda toy, we decided to squeeze it into my luggage.

Each day he grew up looking more and more like his father. Their smiles and eyes are exactly the same. He had jet black silky hair just like Taehyung.

I don't miss Taehyung so much as before since I have my hands full with MinJun. Or more like I have started to accept his absence in my life.

Minjun isn't very naughty, but he is extremely lively and active. He loves homemade food, playing with dogs, tight cuddles, bedtime stories and lullabies and most of all, he loves me to bits.

I am eternally grateful for him in my life. He would grow up to be the only man who will never hurt me, ever. Even as a little boy, he is still the only one that holds my heart. I love him more than I love myself. He is an embodiment of love.

Taehyung is the one who has been missing out on this adorable, little boy. He should regret it. I no longer regret his absence in my life. My mind is on the verge of erasing all of his memories. I am living my life peacefully, and I only hope that he is happy, wherever he is, whoever he is with and whatever he is doing.