43. Vacation

🌺
Be her calm. Be her home. Don't be another battle she has to fight.
🌺

July 29, 2020
Amy's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed since I slept early the night before. I had been sleeping well for over a week, and I could already see the changes. My face glowed, the slap mark vanished, my appetite was scary, and overall, I felt so much better, and I truly wanted to enjoy these early to bed days.

It was early in the morning, and I heard Jay talking on the phone with Allan, and cooking as I walked over to the kitchen.

My heart ached a bit thinking about Taehyung, and how we hadn't been able to speak well with each other for so long now. Taking over the cooking, I told Jay to speak in peace, and she went out to the living, laughing and happily speaking to Allan. I felt happy for her. She truly deserved a man who would make her happy and always keep her happy.

I tasted and seasoned the soup and let it simmer as my mind wandered.

Ever since Taehyung and I got back together last week, he had been busy with work, having loads of interviews and ad shoots. He was busy, and that's why he couldn't contact me properly.

Taehyung is someone who loves to love and be loved. He will call me when he's free... that was how I convinced myself.

Switching off the stove, I poured out soup for the two of us and put the toast on two plates and took them to the small dining table in the kitchen. I informed Jay and went to brush my teeth. When I returned, Jay was done with the phone call, and we both ate our soup and toast.

"Amy, you were so bright when you woke up this morning. Why do you look so dull now? What happened, babe?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"It's nothing, Jay. I'm just thinking about my accumulated leave days. When would I use them?" I lied, avoiding her eyes.

"Don't lie. Did something happen between you two again?" She asked, worry evident in her voice.

"What? No, how's that possible when we haven't even spoken for a week?" I chuckled uneasily, an unfamiliar sensation churning within my stomach.

"What? You haven't spoken for a week? But why? How come I never noticed?" She was shocked.

"We did. Like a few texts. He's busy with work, Jay. He'll call me when he's free, it's nothing serious. And I'm not thinking about it. It's really the accumulated leave days only..." I lied again, giving her a tight-lipped smile.

"Okay, so if you really want to use those days, avail them and fly for a vacation, maybe? Within Korea or outside. That's your choice," she suggested with a sweet smile.

"Alone?" I raised my eyebrows in doubt.

"Maybe I can wear a Taehyung mask and accompany you," Jay said with a serious expression on her face.

"Jay!" I slapped her hand teasingly, and we both laughed.

"Cheer up, Amy. Let's plan it out tonight. Okay? I gotta go now," she said cheerfully, and I nodded.

With that, Jay left the house closing the door behind her. In the past one week, I hadn't felt a bit of loneliness until that day. I didn't ever miss Taehyung so much as I did then. Suddenly, I wanted to see him so bad. I felt so lost and helpless, but all I could do was sigh sadly and go about my day as usual.

Reaching the hospital as usual, I went about my daily work like a robot. After meeting many interesting patients that day, I almost forgot all about missing Taehyung and my accumulated leave days.