77. Park Jimin

🌺
I will not lose me to keep you.
🌺

Taehyung's POV

The results were generated after what seemed like an eternity, and I saw a lot of green dots and dashes on the screen.

"What does it say?" I asked her impatiently, droplets of sweat sprouting at my temples reflecting the nervousness I was battling within myself.

"It says the maternal match and paternal match to the child are both 100%" she said and pointed to the results on the screen.

"Huh?? Really?" My jaw dropped and my eyes went as wide as saucers, forgetting how to blink, my words refusing to come out of my mouth.

"Yeah, do you want a printed copy of the report?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes, please," Jimin and I chorused together.

My heartbeat went haywire at this revelation. MinJun is indeed my son.

Shit! Did I suffer and let them suffer all these years just because of a wrong report? What kind of a person am I? I want to bury myself now!

I smacked my forehead, my lips and chin quivered and tears of agony and regret poured down my cheeks as Jimin pulled me into a hug and patted my back. I was shaking with an amalgam of shame, happiness, excitement and guilt—I felt it all at once.

"It's okay, Taehyung ah, it's okay. Calm down, buddy. I have something to tell you. Let's talk once we get out of here," he spoke softly, his soothing voice sounding close to my ear.

What does he have to say?

After collecting the printed report, we thanked JiWon and left the facility. Once inside the car, Jimin turned to look at me.

"Taehyung ah... I spoke to Amy" he said calmly.

"Huh? When?" I raised my eyebrows, my eyes widening in shock for the millionth time since this morning.

"Last year during our tour to America for the first fan meet and greet. You remember when you were looking at your selfie photo at the airport?" He asked me, and I nodded with my head low.

"Amy was in the same flight too, but I didn't know it then," I answered, my voice echoing shame, coming out as nothing above a mere deep whisper.

"Was she? How did you know?" He was curious to know.

"I met MinJun on that flight. So Amy must have been there too," I stated my theory, and Jimin nodded slowly.

"Oh... I didn't know that," he let out in a surprised tone. "She told me that she was in the USA too at that time, but I didn't know she came by the same flight. I took her number from your phone and called her when we reached the USA..."

*flashback to Jimin's call with Amy*

Author's POV

"Hello?" Amy answered the call from the unknown Korean number.

"Is this Amy?" Jimin asked softly.

"Yeah... and you are?" She was confused.

"Hi, Amy. This is Park Jimin. Do you remember me?" He asked with a smile, and she let out a small surprised gasp.

"Oh... Jimin! Of course, I remember you. I'm sorry I didn't know it was you," Amy apologized quickly.

"It's okay. You didn't have my contact number so you wouldn't know," he smiled.

"Yeah..."

"How have you been?" Jimin asked her.

"I've been okay... how have you been?" She asked casually.