62. The Kick

🌺
I'm not like the others. That was your first mistake...
🌺

Oct 13, 2020
Amy's POV

I've been living with Taehyung for a little more than two months now, and I don't wake up feeling sick anymore.

Standing in front of the life-size mirror that Tae installed for me in the bedroom, I shed the towel that was wrapped around my body after the shower. I stroked my belly gently and turned around and looked at myself.

My body looks and feels a lot different...my breasts feel a little fuller and look more rounded, my belly shows a small bump, my arm is out of its cast and the stitches on my head healed, the plaster is gone. Although there's a small bald patch on my head, I still feel good about my body. My hair is lustrous and my skin is glowing. I look happier and healthier and more and more mommy-like with each passing day.

I stroked my belly gently.
"Morning, junior! Ready for work? Let's get it!" I spoke to junior, planted a kiss on my palm and passed it onto my belly and proceeded to pick out clothes for work.

I resumed work about six weeks back, but no one at work knows about my pregnancy yet since my bump is not visible over my clothes.

I looked at Taehyung's reflection in the mirror—still asleep, cuddled up to my pillow, sleeping like a baby. I smiled at him fondly as I brushed my hair.

Taehyung has been working hard these days. He has been going to work on most days and meeting up with his friends once in a while. But I work during the day time too, and so I don't feel lonely. He always comes back home every night, no matter how late it is and makes sure to spend time with me, and he also speaks and sings to the baby every single night.

I covered the visible love marks on my neck with a professional concealer that Taehyung owns, and it does its job more than satisfactorily.

We've spent a lot of time talking to each other and spending time together these past two months, making up for all the gruelling months of separation. And of course, there has been oodles of romance and love making too. We've been experimenting and exploring a lot about each other.

I skip wearing perfume as I have certain smell aversions these days—my favorite fragrance being one among them along with smells of rice when it is being cooked, milk, fried egg, cologne and many other random things.

I've been having strange and sudden food cravings since last week, and Tae has been stocking up on everything that I've been craving for, and this week's menu that junior demanded is cheese crackers and nutella—together.

Leaving a note by the bedside table for Tae, I locked the house and left for work.

We've made it a point to leave little notes of love for each other when one of us leaves home before the other person is up.

I've been meeting Jay at least once every ten days or so after work, and right now, I can happily say that my life has only been getting better.

Taehyung's POV

Waking up this morning, I found Amy had gone to work as usual, leaving her little hand written love-note by the bedside table. I picked it up, smiling to myself.

'Morning, honey...I'll miss you... xoxo'

I kissed the note and put it inside the bedside drawer and dragged my feet to the bathroom.

Life has been busy ever since we returned from Jeju. My days are mostly spent on the shooting sets or re-recording studios, and at night I get back home and relax with Amy. I've been speaking and singing to the baby every night, and I feel a lot more love for junior with every passing day.