27. Past

🌺
Never apologize for the walls you built when you were protecting yourself. The right person will always see through them.
🌺

Amy's POV

Taehyung seemed a bit drunk when he called earlier, and I hoped he would feel better when he woke up after a good night's sleep.

Jay and I planned to spend the new year's night at Itaewon, and we wanted to spend the night partying without any alcohol since we both didn't drink.

We had our outfits sorted for the night. I hadn't yet told Taehyung about our new year party plan, and I wasn't sure he would approve of it. I decided to tell him about it when we spoke later.

Waking up around noon, I saw that Jay was up already and picking out accessories for the night. I brushed my teeth and joined her to pick out mine. We then cooked and ate while watching some music videos on TV.

I almost fell asleep on the couch when Taehyung called.

"Amy, what are you doing?" He asked, sounding more sober today.

"Ahh... I almost slept on the couch. Did you sleep well, Taehyung?" I sounded horribly sleepy.

"I did, baby... did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah, baby. What are you doing tonight for the new year?" I sat up and asked him, rubbing my sleepy eyes.

"I'll be meeting my hyungs for dinner. But I might be back home before midnight. What are you doing tonight?" He asked curiously.

"Umm... Actually, Jay and I thought of going to Itaewon tonight," I said and waited for him to respond.

"Wow... but it'll be really crowded. You don't drink anyway, so why bother to go there?" He sounded tense.

"Yeah, I don't drink, and Jay doesn't too. We just wanted to go partying and dancing. I'm not a big fan of partying, but Jay really wanted to try. So, I'm tagging along," I explained to him, and he let out a long hum, sounding unconvinced.

"Oh... hmm... please be very careful. It'll be more crowded than you can imagine. What will you be wearing? Don't wear anything too revealing," Taehyung was curious and concerned.

I wished I could see his face right then. He would be so cute and adorable, and I bet he was pouting cutely with his adorable puppy eyes.

"I picked a dress. It's not too short or revealing. Don't worry, Taehyung. I will be careful. You enjoy the night, okay? Please don't worry about me," I reassured him.

"Okay, Amy. I trust you," he said calmly.

"Did you drink last night?" I asked.

"Umm... I had wine. A little more than usual," he said softly, letting out an embarrassed laugh.

"That's okay, Taehyung... eat well today, okay? Drink plenty of water." I spoke like a grandma.

"I will, baby. I'll call you tonight," he reassured me, and we ended the call after saying our I love yous and passing kisses back and forth.

Jay and I showered and got dressed and left our home at five in the evening. We planned to hang around at Itaewon until 1 am at the max. Taking a taxi, we reached Itaewon and ate and wandered the streets that were filled with diverse people and a club or restaurant located at every fourth foot, until it was dark.

After 8 pm, almost all the clubs were open, and the crowd wasn't really unbearable. We entered a decent looking club and got a table. The music was loud but totally energetic. I wasn't a fan of clubbing though, so I chose to just sit around and watch.