19. The First Kiss

🌺
I loved him not for the way he looked. But for the way he looked at me.
🌺

Amy's POV

As I kept eating, I could feel Taehyung's eyes on me. I didn't know if he was checking me out, but I really wished he would stop looking at me so that I could check him out.

I avoided eye contact on purpose because I knew that if I looked into his eyes, I would combust on the spot.

Suddenly, he leaned in and wiped off the corner of my mouth with his thumb. I looked at him in doubt even though I fully knew what he did.

"Sauce," he replied and kept eating.

My heartbeat was going haywire, and my mind was a complete mess. Whenever our eyes met, I felt an invasion of butterflies inside my stomach. Fortunately, he was looking at his food now, and my gaze landed on his fingers and his lips.

He looks so kissable. Why does he have to be so perfect? I'm afraid I would lose my control. I need to look away now! Shit! We aren't even officially dating yet!

After a while, we were done eating, and I cleared up the table, and he settled down on the couch.

"I ate so well," he said, rubbing his tummy as he allowed himself to sink into the couch.

"Yeah, me too. I was hungry and tired after all the cleaning. I'm feeling charged up now," I sat down on the couch, a little away from him to maintain my sanity.

Taehyung smiled at me, and it looked as if he wanted to say something but hesitated to do so.

I opened my mouth to speak, and he spoke just then,
"You have a great dressing sense and style, Amy. I really like the way you dress up so elegantly and also comfortably," he nodded at his own conclusion.

IS THE MIGHTY KIM TAEHYUNG, THE FASHION ICON OF THE WORLD TELLING THIS TO ME??

Laughing, my eyes lifted to meet his dreamy eyes that were already looking at me.
"Really? It's an honour to hear that from you."

He smiled his big boxy smile making my legs feel like jelly, the last cords of my self-control threatening to shatter into pieces.

"Yeah, I love your style. You always look so comfortable in your clothes, it makes me feel comfortable," Taehyung stated casually and cracked the stiffness in his neck.

"Thank you," I found myself blushing a bit, and my fingers grew cold.

"Why are you sitting so far from me?" He sat upright and asked me curiously, trying to kill me with his gaze.

"Uhm... so I can look at you while we speak?" I said that way more confidently than I intended to.

Taehyung laughed at that.
"Okay... but you can come a little closer. Not so far," he patted the spot on the couch right next to him.

I moved a little closer to him, nervously. He always had this amazingly seductive smell to him, of I don't know what, that gets to me every single time. I could feel the smell as I got closer.

My heart was already racing a mile a minute. I knew that if I didn't stop there, I might do crazy things. I already missed him so much, and that day, he looked more handsome than ever. I only hoped my hands didn't behave as if they had a mind of their own. Plus, his deep voice and that smell of his... it was all too much sensory overload for me.

"Amy, I want to ask you something," Taehyung took my hand in his and spoke in his low and smoky voice.

And now the touch. Four of my five senses are attacked already