11. Comfort

🌺
Find someone who knows how to calm your storms.
🌺

August 24, 2019
Amy's POV

It had been over two months since I met Taehyung, and I went about my daily life as usual. For the first few days, I kept checking my phone frequently to see if he texted me. There were absolutely no texts or calls from him, and he wasn't to be seen on social media too.

After a few days, my curiosity faded, and I lived my life without thinking too much about him. Workdays were very busy, and my room always had someone talking to me. I met a plethora of patients from various different walks of life, sharing their troubles and worries with me, and, at the end of each day, I was satisfied that my words helped someone feel better.

I loved my job, and I even got friendlier with my team. They were indeed nice gentlemen—4 of them were married and had families, and the others were either dating or engaged. I was the only one with a relationship status not worth mentioning. I just informed my status as divorced since everyone probably already knew from my profile submitted during my job application.

The divorce was no longer a taboo topic for me, but I preferred not to discuss the details with anyone, and the others were polite enough not to ask me anything about my past.

I liked it that way since I did not believe in workplace friendships. They almost always had a motive and when the motive was achieved or gone, the friendship wilted, unlike childhood friendships which were built without any motives or expectations. I preferred to stick to my close circle at all times, which precisely consisted of just one friend - Jay.

I was a complete introvert in my personal life, but my job required me to be otherwise, which I was fine with since I did not connect with anyone at a personal level. It was only Taehyung who I connected with outside of work, but again, that was because I already knew him as an actor, and I admired him and his work, and also because he had privacy issues. I assured myself that it was nothing beyond.

Every day was different but still the same. Sundays were outing days where Jay and I explored many museums, malls, Everland theme park, China town and various restaurants and cafés in and around the heart of Seoul city. Seoul was indeed a beautiful city.

Today, Saturday, as I was winding up after work, my phone buzzed with an incoming call from Taehyung. My heartbeat raced the moment I saw his name on my phone's display, and I answered the call.

"Hello," I said in a surprisingly calm tone, even though I was super excited.

"Hi, Amy. How have you been?" Taehyung spoke in a smooth yet deep and silky voice.

"I've been good, Taehyung. How have you been?" I spoke while desperately trying to sound calm.

"I need to meet you, Amy," he sounded sad and lost.

Of course, he means outside.

"Yeah, sure," I agreed without delay.

"Can I pick you up after work today?" He asked softly.

"Uhm... I'm almost done for the day," I spoke as I checked the time, and saw that I had just ten minutes until I could wind up.

"I'll pick you up from home then?" He asked without hesitation.

"Don't trouble yourself, Taehyung. Tell me where we're meeting, and I'll come there myself," I informed him as I packed my bag and zipped it up.

"Umm... At a park near my house. It is usually empty," he suggested and waited for my response.

"Okay, send me the location details. I'll meet you there," I agreed with a smile.

"Okay, Amy. At 5 pm, okay?" He checked with me once again, and I confirmed the plan, after which we ended the call.