78. Forewarning

🌺
What you think of me won't change who I am. You have no understanding of my scars and even less of how I got them.
🌺

Nov 29, 2026
Amy's POV

My phone vibrated on the bedside table early on a Sunday morning, and I wondered who would be calling me this early.

It was Jimin, and I answered his call.
"Jimin, one minute. MinJun is sleeping. I'll get out of the room," I whispered softly.

"Okay," he whispered back.

Why is he whispering?

Chuckling to myself, I wriggled out of MinJun's limbs and stepped out of the bedroom, trying to tame my bedhead with one hand.

Why did Jimin call me this early?

"Hello," I said on the phone.

"Hi, Amy. Sorry to wake you up early on Sunday. Did MinJun wake up too?" He asked, his melodic voice sporting a hint of worry.

"No, no. It's okay. He's still asleep. What's up?" I quizzed him, curious to know why he called me this early on Sunday.

"Can I take you both for lunch today? I need to talk to you," he said, suddenly sounding a bit excited.

I was surprised and curious as my eyebrows slowly knitted in confusion.
"Umm... What is it, Jimin? Are you sure this can't be discussed over the phone?"

He dismissed it with a negative hum.
"I'm sure this can't be discussed over the phone," he stated confidently.

I let out a tired sigh.
"Okay... alright. We can meet."

"MinJun eats around noon, right? I'll pick you up at 11:30, okay?" He proposed a plan that perfectly aligned with my son's mealtime.

"Okay. We'll be ready," I agreed with a smile, and we ended the call.

I began wondering why he suddenly insisted on meeting and what was it that he wanted to talk about.

What's with Jimin? He does meet us sometimes. But today, he sounded different. What does he want to talk about? Ahhh... I should've asked him. Anyway, I'll know soon.

MinJun would of course be elated to spend this Sunday outside, unlike most other Sundays where we just stayed indoors so that I could get some cleaning done. I took him to spend time with Jay's family sometimes, and at other times we went to the park to play. But I always feel bad for not being able to take him out as often as I wanted to.

Today is an unexpected and welcome change, and given how much MinJun enjoys Jimin's company, he would surely have fun and be happy today.

Jimin's POV

"Did Amy agree to meet?" JiHye was curious.

"Yeah, she did," I nodded, putting my phone away and pulling her into a side hug.

"That's good. Did she ask if it's about Taehyung?" She asked, snuggling onto my side.

I shook my head.
"No, she didn't. But I think she must have guessed."

"Oh... speak cautiously. One wrong move can trigger her emotionally. I really feel so bad for her and MinJun. Taehyung is such an asshole..he's a moron," JiHye sulked, and I stroked her head gently.

I nodded.
"He knows it himself, Ji. But I'm trying not to be too harsh on him too. I just want them to be happy together," I let out the only thing that was on my mind.