29. The Best Gift

🌺
She's the worst combination of thinking too much, feeling too deeply and loving too hard.
🌺

Amy's POV

My heart began to pound louder, and I was getting more nervous with each passing millisecond.

Why does he want to meet me at his house? It must be because he feels unsafe outside. Hopefully...Wait! But what if his parents are at home with him? OH MY GOD! If so, how should I greet them? What will they say to me? How should I behave? Oh no... But I think it's still too early for him to introduce me to his parents. Calm down!

I had a panic attack and almost collapsed when the elevator dinged, and the doors opened on the 12th floor.

Mopping off the sweat from my forehead, I breathed out my nervousness and stepped out of the elevator. Following the door number plates, I reached the door to Taehyung's apartment and gathered myself together before pressing the doorbell. The door opened in a few seconds and Taehyung stood at the door with his bright smile. My heart raced the moment I saw him.

He was dressed in a dark green pullover that highlighted his body proportions so well, and he had paired it with slim-fit black jeans. His jet black hair was silky straight today, and he was literally glowing. He wore his signature black frame Lemtosh glasses that I so loved.

I was seeing him after so many months and I literally wanted to cling on to him and never let go. But I held back the demons inside for the sake of decency.

"Welcome home, birthday baby!" He said with his big boxy smile and invited me inside by waving his hand.

Smiling, I walked inside while taking off my footwear, and he walked in following me, closing the door and locking it behind him.

Taehyung's apartment was so beautiful, huge and well-illuminated. He had artistically decorated the interior with unique and elegant lights and flower vases, and the whole place smelled like warm cinnamon and vanilla.

There was a Taehyung touch that could be seen on every little thing that was there. Everything in the living room was large—the TV, the rug, the expensive leather couch—basically the living room itself was larger than the entire house that Jay and I lived in.

I felt poor suddenly, but all those material possessions didn't matter one bit to me. I was happy to see him and spend time with him on my birthday.

There was no one else at home except us, which was a matter of huge relief as well as a major panic situation for me. When I heard the sound of the door locking behind me, I turned around and saw Taehyung walking up to me.

Taehyung's POV
*few minutes ago*

The doorbell rang, and I rushed to open the door. I was super nervous but also extremely excited.

Will she be okay with my gift?

I opened the door, and Amy stood dressed in a simple but eye-catching knee-length dress in navy blue. It had a Mandarin collar and cap sleeves and revealed nothing, but she looked so sexy. The dress hugged her curves beautifully, and her eyes were so attractive that I literally felt myself melting under her gaze.

I wanted to hug her tight and kiss her breathless, but instead, I said,
"Welcome home, birthday baby!" and ushered her inside. She smiled and walked past me, the familiar smell of lavender blossoms tickling my senses. I locked the door and walked behind her.

Amy turned around, and our gazes met as I went up to her and held her hands in mine.

"Amy, you look so beautiful today," my voice was just above a deep whisper.