Chapter 78

Chapter 78...
5 Years Later...
The small waves lapped upon the golden sand. Pebbles and shells placed gently within the waves. Sun gleaming on the water as it illuminates the sky in a variety of colours. The perfect evening.
"Can you believe so much has happened over the past few years?"
"I know, we sure have had many adventures together..."
A couple walk across the soft sand hand in hand, feelings of warmth on their skin and the gentle cool breeze dancing through their hair.
Hiccup and Astrid were now many years into their relationship. Since the Leo situation, they had been inseparable ever since. They had graduated university together, been on holidays together, dates together, fallen asleep and woken up in each other's arms... everything.
Nothing could break them apart. There were terrible nights of her past but Hiccup was always there to hold her as she cried and pick up the pieces. Some days Hiccup would feel useless and down about his prosthetic leg but Astrid was there for him to remind him of his worth and importance. As they grew older, features of their parents were visible on their faces, a reminder of who they are whenever they looked into mirrors or at eachother.
"I think here would be a good place to stop."
Hiccup took out a blanket and rested it on the shore, close to the sea but not far enough for it to reach them. He sat down and Astrid followed his moves, sitting in front of him as Hiccup pulled her back into his arms. He cuddled her as she held onto his arm and snuggled into his chest. He rested his head on hers, breathing in her scent and kissing her blonde hair.
They both sat content, smiling and laughing together as they talked and joked about moments in the past with one another, family, the pets and the gang. It had been an hour or so, watching the sunset pass and the colours begin to naturally fade into darkness.
"Maybe we should start walking back to the car, its beginning to get a little cool." Hiccup suggested.
"Maybe that's a good idea babe." Astrid agreed. "Here, I'll help you pack away."
"No no it's ok, I got it." Hiccup smiled as he packed away some food and the blanket. Astrid curiously nodded at her boyfriend as she walked down to the shore and began to collect shells.
Hiccup watched his beautiful valkyrie in her summer dress blowing in the breeze, her hair plaited with flowers and her locket on her neck. It was time.
With everything packed, Hiccup picked up the bag and walked over to Astrid. She had collected many shells and had them in her hand looking through the many seashells she had found.
They began to walk off back to the car but before they could leave, Hiccup had an idea.
"Hey babe... can you do me a favour?"
"Ummm... yeah sure? What's up?"
"Could you walk a few steps forward? I want to take some photos of you."
"Ok babe" Astrid smiled as she put the shells in her dress pocket and walked a few steps further.
Hiccup took out his phone and began to take the photos of his beautiful girlfriend. She smiled into the camera and he took many.
"Could you turn around for me babe?"
Astrid turned around and faced away, as her silhouette was taken against the slightly light sky.
"Here... take this." Hiccup paused and looked through the bag as Astrid turned back and walked towards him. He grabbed out the scrapbook they continued to fill over the years with more memories.
"I'll take a few of you with it from this angle and then I want you to turn around." Hiccup began to take the photos again, his heart beginning to beat faster.
"Take a look at the last page we've done so far and stay turned around".
As she turned and began to flick through the pages to the end, Hiccup got himself prepared.
He took a few steps forward, just a few steps behind her and got into position.
Astrid kept going through the book until she got to the last page where it was titled 'Our Future'. She turned over to check to see if there was anymore pages and she looked at a page...
"Hiccup? Did you do..."
She turned around to find Hiccup on one knee.
"Astrid... we have been through so much together, we have made so many memories and I want to make more with your. Every day I spend with you, I always have a smile on my face and a heart filled with love. Everything about you is incredible and even since I met you, I knew you were the one."
Hiccup reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful ring.
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you Astrid and make more memories and fill that book. Astrid... will you marry me and be my wife?"
Astrid smiled with tears falling from her face as she nodded.
"Of course I will Hiccup!"
She laughed as she ran to Hiccup and fell onto him, both rolling around on the sand laughing and crying with happiness. Astrid was laying ontop of Hiccup as she leant down and kissed Hiccup passionately.
They both sat up and smiled uncontrollably as Hiccup placed the ring on Astrids finger. They both cried again and cuddled each other as the sky began to turn night and the stars shone over them.
"I love you Hiccup"
"I love you Astrid... always!"

The End.