Chapter 14

Chapter 14...
NO P.O.V...
They held the kiss, making the moment last as long as they could. Astrid was shocked at first, but slowly kissed back. As her eyes closed, her mind began to flick though all her memories again with Hiccup. All the times they had fun and were together. She smiled into it as she moved her hand to his cheek.
After a few seconds, they slowly released and pressed their foreheads together with their eyes still closed. Hiccup haven to whisper.
"Astrid... I love you... so much. Ever since we were young... Ever since I saw you again... I instantly fell for you. I cant imagine a world without you in it...".
Astrid smiled listening to his every word and felt her heart beating faster.
"I know... I love you too Hiccup... but..." she opened her eyes slowly and swallowed.
"But what?" Hiccup moved back from Astrid as he opened his eyes.
"Hiccup, I... I can't... I can't cheat on Leo... he loves me and cares for me and I can't just give up on him... I'm sorry."
"Ast, does he really care for you tho?"
"Excuse me?"
"What does care really mean to him huh?"
"Leo is constantly looking out for me-"
"-Astrid he is only looking out for you to keep me away from you!"
"Hiccup stop I can't! I can't say goodbye to Leo! We're together... we CAN'T be together... I'm not some slut who moved on from one guy to the next..."
"Astrid stop! You're not a slut! Leo called you a bitch and so much more! Please Astrid open your eyes and see that I'm trying to save you!!!" He put his hands on her shoulder gently, rubbing his thumbs across her shoulder.
After a silent pause, Astrid took a breath. "We should get going..."
"Astrid-"
"- Hiccup it's getting late..."
"Okay... let's go..."
They both got in the car and drove off. Unknown to them, their whole journey was being followed by a black, hidden care... it was constantly watching them and their every move... even the kiss.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
After 30 minutes of an awkward car ride back, they both arrived at Astrid's house. She got out and took her bags she took with her to Hiccups before leaving to go out and got out of the car. Hiccup put the window down where Astrid looked in the car.
"Thank you for today... for everything"
"No problem..." Hiccup took her hand in his. They both smiled at eachother.
She began walking away as be released her hand towards her front door before Hiccup called out to her quickly.
"Hey Astrid..."
She turned around to him in the car.
"Be safe..." she nodded and went inside waving to him as he waved back.
Hiccup drive off and immediately got in and messaged Astrid asking if she was ok... but no reply.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Still no reply... the whole weekend had passed and Hiccup still hadn't had a reply. He wasn't able to go over and see her as he had to work both days till late. He was worried. He had a horrible feeling circulating in his body all weekend.
It was Monday morning and Hiccup got up earlier to go to Astrid's house to check on her. He drove round to her house to see it all dark... it was 7:45am. That didn't matter to him tho. Hiccup got out of his car and jogged up to the front door ever he knocked.
No response.
He knocked again.
Nothing. He turned away in defeat thinking Asrird wasn't in the mood to talk until he heard the sound of the door unlocking. He turned without looking st the door.
"Hey Ast-"
"What are YOU doing here?" Hiccup looked up to see Leo stood in the doorway.
"I'm here to see Astrid... what are you doing here?"
"I was staying for the weekend with MY girlfriend."
"Where is Astrid?"
"She left about 15 minutes ago, went to school probably like a geek..." Hiccup clenched his fists and stood in silence.
"Well? Are you gonna stand there all day or leave?"
Hiccup turned in anger and walked off to his car. Leo smirked and closed the door. Hiccup immediately got in his car and drove to school, looking for Astrid.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hiccup walked into school and immediately looked for the gang. He looked around corners and tables until he found them sat in the canteen relaxing before their lessons began. He saw the back of a blonde haired female and smiled... she was okay. He walked over to the table and sat with the gang before talking to them. He glanced to Astrid who was sat holding a mug of tea and with her fave looking at the table. She seemed to be wearing makeup?
The bell then went for the first lesson and everyone began to set off. Astrid was the first to get up and walk off but Hiccup quickly followed.
"Astrid! Hey Astrid!"
She didn't turn. She kept walking off.
"ASTRID!"
Still nothing.
Luckily he caught up with her and spun her around.
"Astrid, I'm trying to talk to y-"
As he turned her around, hair pushed away from her face to reveal something that shocked Hiccup.
A black eye...