Chapter 31

Chapter 31...
1 MONTH LATER...
Hiccup was driving to the hospital with Astrid in the passenger seat. It was her appointment with the doctor to see whether she was pregnant. Over the last month since her poison incident, Astrid had been talking to a therapist to try and overcome some of the traumatic memories and flashbacks but she knew she would it begin to work once she knew if HE her pregnant.
Hiccup would still wake up in the night to hear Astrid mumbling in her sleep and beginning to panic but he was always there to hold her and let her know she was safe in his arms. He noticed that Astrid had been vomiting more the last month but knew they had to wait to know if it was official or not but he was always gonna be there for her... always.
"What are we gonna do?" Astrid said as they parked in the car park of the hospital. The time was 12:48pm. The appointment was 1:00pm.
"What do you mean?" Hiccup asked as he turned the engine off and sat back in the seat. Astrid turned to him.
"What if... Leo... DID... make me pregnant?"
Hiccup fell silent as he thought. They were only 18 and were soon leaving 6th form to go to university. A baby... a baby... a baby?
"Are... are you gonna l-leave me?" Astrid cautiously said.
"W-what?"
"If I am... are you gonna ditch me?"
"Astrid... of course I'm not. Why would you even think that?"
"I... I just thought you wouldn't be able to put up with having a baby... or if you would still even love me for what happened..." tears began to fall down her cheeks.
"Hey look at me!" Astrid looked at him dead in his eyes, where he took her hands in his and kissed them before speaking. "I am never... NEVER... going to leave you. None of this will affect the way I feel about you or what I will do. I am not leaving you at all like this. Even if you end up pregnant and decide to keep it... I'm there for you no matter what ok?"
Astrid shook her head. "I can't have this baby Hiccup..."
"What do you mean?"
"Hiccup I can't have this baby!"
"You dont know yet if you are or no-"
"- Hiccup if I have this child... all I'm gonna see is it's monster of a father whenever I look at it..."
"You don't know tha-"
"- Yes I do! You wouldn't understand, you're not the one having the baby, your not the one who was raped, your not the one who's life is fucked up!" Astrid turned award from him and looked out the window closing her eyes.
"You're right... I'm not... I'm sorry..." He sighed and moved his eyes to the outside view where rain began to fall heavily. "But, I'm the one who can change your life..."
Astrid looked back at him. "What?"
"If you... have the baby then... I will be the father to it... I'm willing to be there for you and the baby..."
"No Hiccup, you can't... you need to live and have a life not be a dad at 18 years old..." Astrid protested but Hiccup held her face in his hands.
"I don't have a life... without you in it..." He kissed her lips and held her close. She smiled gently as she sniffed. He looked a the time. 12:57pm.
"Lets go to this appointment... I love you no matter what and always will."
They both got out the car and held hands walking up to the hospital entrance.