Chapter 43

Chapter 43...
Hiccup knew that Astrid probably wouldn't want to go home yet, the idea of facing her family and friends right now wasn't the best. Astrid was still in his arms, sniffing gently and staring at the water below as the waterfall crashed below. The touch of the water mist from the waterfall could be felt on their skin. Hiccup looked down at Astrid with his bloodshot eyes, it was beginning to get colder and time was passing quickly. The sky was beginning to turn to a gentle shade of pink.
"I think we should find somewhere warmer, can you stand?" Hiccup asked Astrid.
"I'm not sure" Astrid replied moving to get up but still felt weak fron the incident, making her fall again.
Hiccup daughter her before she hit the bridge deck. "Here let me"
Hiccup picked Astrid up with all the strength he had left in him, holding her bridal style as he began to walk back to his car. Although it was getting dark and Hiccup's mind was everywhere, he remembered where he parked his car. Luckily it wasn't far to walk.
Once they reached the car, Hiccup opened the side door and helped Astrid climb in. She put her seatbelt on and waited for Hiccup to get into the car. Hiccup started the engine, pulling away from the scenes and bad memories that just occurred.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
They just drove.
Just drove.
No where in particular.
Just took a drive anywhere.
Into the sunset.
"Thank you" Hiccup moved his tired eyes to Astrid. She was staring at the sunset.
"For what?" He asked.
"For stopping me from... y'know... I don't know what came over me, I think the pressure of school, exams and-"
"- Leo? Yeah I had a word with him earlier. Astrid, why didn't you come to me?"
"I didn't want you to find out, I didn't want you to stress over the fact that Leo was still harassing me. You have exams that are more important than Leo, we just have to learn to ignore him."
"Astrid, how can I not be stressing over the fact that Leo tried to rape you again and you almost... almost..."
"I'm sorry..."
"Don't be, I should have realised what was going on sooner..."
"Babe you couldn't have-"
"- but I should have" Hiccup interrupted Astrid.
Silence.
"Just promise me one thing..."
"What's that?"
"You won't leave me, I don't know what I would do if... if you were gone..."
"... I promise you Hiccup..."
Hiccup smiled at Astrid as she returned one slightly.
"Hiccup where are we going?"
"I'm going to take you to the hospital..."
"Why?"
"You need to be checked over..."
"No Hiccup plea-"
"Astrid you need to-"
"Please!... don't make me, I'm fine. I just want to be with you right now, no one else."
"What about your parents?"
"I'll let them know later when we stop driving, I don't want to face them tonight."
"Ok"
Hiccup continued to drive for a while until he pulled up to a hotel in a town.
"What are we going here?"
"Well, I thought since you don't want to go home yet, we should stay away from all the stuff that's happened and stay in a hotel for the night. We can leave in the morning..."
"What about food, clothes and... school?"
"I'll pay for all the food, we can go out quickly to get some clothes for the night and... We are staying off school tomorrow."
"But... but we need to revise for our exams, they are in 2 days Hiccup!"
"I'll help you!"
"Babe, you need to revise though-"
"My first exam isn't for a few more days, I'll help you decide for yours first before I work on mine, ok?"
"Ok, thank you Hiccup. I love you"
"I love you too" Hiccup kissed Astrid on the lips slowly.
"Thank you" Astrid whispered, smiling into the kiss.
All they needed right now... was eachother.