Chapter 32

Chapter 32...
"Hi um, I have an appointment at 1.00pm under Astrid Hofferson..." Astrid said as they both walked into the hospital and Astrid sighed in at reception.
"Yes, the doctor will call you in soon. Please take a seat." The receptionist said giving her a smile before going back to her computer.
Hiccup and Astrid walked over to the seats and sat down together. Hiccup never liked hospital as everytime he went something bad happened. Astrid... his dad... but he was determined to stay strong for Astrid. Astrid's legs were moving up and down as she kept checking the time.
1:01pm
Checked again
1:01pm
Checked again
1:01pm
Checked again
1:02pm
"Ugh what's taking them so long!?" She whispered to Hiccup next to her who was checking his phone.
"Babe, it's been 2 minutes. The doctor is probably still with another patient. It's ok." Hiccup said putting his phone away and holding her hand tight. He gave it a squeeze as she put her shoulder onto his shoulder.
10 MINS LATER...
"Astrid Hofferson?"
Astrid looked up to see a nurse with a clipboard calling out her name. She lifted her head off Hiccups shoulder and stood up. Hiccup followed her actions before taking her hand in his and following the nurse.
As they followed the nurse down the corridor, Astrid's legs began to feel heavy and jelly like with every step. There was no turning back. It was either a yes or a no. Baby or no baby. A life with Hiccup or with a baby. Hiccup or Leo.
The nurse turned around as they entered a small corridor with the number 13 on it. *unlucky 13* Astrid thought.
The nurse knocked on the door before hearing a small muffle and opening the door. Astrid looked back to Hiccup who gave her a small reassuring nod before they both walked in... together.
"Hello Miss Hofferson," the doctor turned out to be Dr Dylan again, giving Astrid more reassurance as he knew what was going on and was monitoring her. "How are you today?"
"Ummm I'm good thank you..." Astrid replied shakily.
"Good, so how have you been feeling lately?"
"I've... umm... I've been very tired and still been vomiting and I've... missed one of my period cycles last month."
"Ok" the doctor began writing the symptoms down on his clipboard before placing it down and typing it into his computer.
Astrid looked down again at her hands before the doctor spoke.
"Would you mind sitting on the bed for me so I can examine you please?" Astrid moved to the bed and sat straight.
"I'm just quickly going to check your body over from your last appointment to see if the antibiotics are working well."
20 MINS LATER...
"Good, the antibiotics are working very well, you are almost fully recovered!" Dr Dylan said as he was done taking Astrid's blood pressure and samples. "Ok, it's time for your test..."
Astrid sighed and nodded. The Doctor gave her a small prescribed pot.
"Down the corridor to the right are the female toilets. I need a urine sample to test for your pregnancy," He said as Astrid listened carefully. "Come back with the sample and then I will carry out the test."
A FEW MINUTES LATER...
Astrid walked back into the room, closing the door behind her with the sample in the other hand. She gave the doctor the small before washing her hands and sitting on the bed again. Hiccup watched as he sat next to Astrid and held her close.
It was silent.
The doctor put his gloves on before taking out a medical strip of paper and placing it into the sample. After a few seconds he took it out and did 2 more. Astrid and Hiccup couldn't see what was happening as the doctors back was turned to them. After a few minutes, the doctor turned around with the 3 strips in his hands.
Positive.