Chapter 39

Chapter 39...
Astrid ran into the toilets after escaping Leo. Luckily there was no one in the girls toilets nor around the area. She stumbled to the sinks where she ran the tap, allowing warm water to run out and cupped her hands. The water filled her hands before she splashed the water on her face, mixing the warm water and salty tears that began to form in her eyes. After splashing her face around 4 times, she turned the tap off and places her hands on the edge of the sink. She looked up in the mirror, staring at her reflection of water droplets falling from her face. To everyone else, it was just her normal reflection but Astrid mind clouded over, changing her appearance.
Her face darkened.
Bruises appeared all around her face.
Scars reappeared.
Everything Leo ever did to her appeared in her reflection.
Astrid took a step back from the sink, watching each scar and bruise form on her face. Her frown then changed to a smile and her reflection spoke back to her.
*Look at you... what a pathetic waste of space... each scar and bruise showing your weakness... how could you be so stupid? Couldn't even protect a baby... YOUR baby...* her reflection spoke.
"Get out of my head..." Astrid whispered in fear and anger.
*Poor Astrid Hofferson... alone and scared of her own reflection... 2 days until your exams begin and you're gonna fail miserably... not go to university... not get a job... never get married... never have children...*
"Get out of my head!" She said as her breathing began to increase.
"Who could love someone like you... little... bitchy... Astrid Hofferson...*
"STOP IT!" Astrid moved forward and punched the mirror, cracking and braking. Her knuckles turned red and sore. She looked down at it, wincing at her pain.
Voices began to fill her head.
Stupid.
Pathetic.
Bitch.
Worthless.
Her mind was taken over and she couldn't breath properly. She punched the mirror again where shardes of glass falling into the sink and bouncing on the floor. Her knuckles were now beginning to bleed and tears streamed down her face. She walked as she cried, not caring if anyone heard her. She put her head in her knees and squeezed her head with her hands, trying to block out the voices.
She continued to cry, breathing heavily, shaking uncontrollably and closed her eyes in mental and physical pain.
She couldn't do this anymore.