Chapter 13

Chapter 13...
NO P.O.V...
*clears throat*
Astrid instantly knew who that sound belonged to, it was too common. She instantly placed her fork down slowly onto the plate, unknown to her the whole gang went quiet and looked up at the figure behind her. She closed her eyes and took a breath before hesitantly twisting her body to face the figure...
Leo.
"Yes Leo?"
"What are you doing here?"
"What do my mean? Im out with my friends having food..."
"You were suppose to be hanging out with ME tonight!"
"Since when?"
"Since I phoned you and messaged you thousand of times!"
"Look Leo let's talk outside, try not to make a scene?."
As she said that, Leo turned with a face of anger as he began to wall out the door and into the cold. Astrid stood up from the table and grabbed her coat from I've the chair and put it on. Before she could leave, she felt a hand cover hers. She looked down to see it was Hiccups and their eyes connected, his with a look of concern. He whispered: "Be careful" to which she nodded to.
She walked out and followed Leo, getting ready to fight in an argument once again.
20 MINS LATER...
Hiccup was sat with his feet and fingers tapping and kept checking his phone to see how long Astrid had gone for. He was beginning to worry. Zoning from the gangs conversations, he kept thinking back to the day Leo told him to stay away from Astrid... but the was no way he could do that... because he cared, but not just the way a friend would... deep down something else was there.
As he saw his phone reach after 20 minutes, he decided to het up and look for Astrid. But as he stood up and turned, he saw Astrid walking back into the restaurant with a blank expression. She sat down at the table again and took off her coat as the gang continued to talk.
"Psssst, hey are you ok? Hiccup whispered to her as she took me coat off.
"Yeah I'm fine..."
"What did he say? Where is he?"
"Its fine Hiccup, don't worry..."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, but if you're desperate, I'll tell you later on..."
She turned back to the gang and joined in with a smile on her face. Hiccup knew it was a fake one, but knew he wouldn't get anything out of her yet. They continued to talk for another hour until they decided to day their goodbyes and head off home.
☆☆☆☆
The car journey was silent on the way back. The radio was done low for background music, lowering the tension but failing. Hiccup kept looking over to Astrid who was staring out the side window. She was too quiet. He knew going home wouldn't make a difference, especially if he would just drop her off at hers without getting an answer.
Without any decisions, Hiccup turned off the road and travelled down an unknown dirt path.
"Hiccup, where are we going? My house is that way?"
"I know... is it want to see something quickly"
After 10 minutes of driving and Astrid looking confused as ever, they arrived to a cliff top which looked over the sea and the moon. It was beautiful.
They both for our the car and walked close to the edge. Hiccup guided Astrid to the edge where they both sat down and started out to sea. Silence, except the waves slashing gently below and a slow winter breeze passing.
"Okay... spill"
"Huh?"
"Astrid come on, you said you'd tell me! So spill!"
"Fine... Leo came in because he was annoyed I didn't spend as much time with him as I used to. He thinks that the gang is stupid and you at taking me away from him. He wants me to stop seeing you guys and to be with him but I... I don't want to... I've never felt so happy and free with you guys. But... I guess I have been harsh in ignoring him."
Hiccup was shocked. Leo was controlling her again... but she still couldn't see it!
"Astrid listen to me. Leo is controlling you. You might not be able to see it, but it's true! He's stalking you! Controlling what you do and who you see! You don't deserve someone like that! And if you don't see what I'm talking about... the look at your messages and voicemails..."
Astrid listen to his words and slowly reached for her phone. She unlocked it and looked through all the messages sent form Leo. They mainly read stuff like "Where are you!?!" "Stop messing around and get her now!" "I'm serious Astrid!" "Get here now and stop acting like a stubborn bitch!" The calls were worse tho. After listening to them on speaker, a small tear fell from Astrid's eye, one she had been holding in as she listening to Leo's anger. Hiccup moved closer to her and pit his hands on her cheeks, cupping them. He moved her head to she was looking at him, straight into his eyes. He began to speak.
"Astrid... you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met, you are stubborn, strong, hot headed and crazy... but that's what makes you unique. You don't need a guy to push you around and control your life for you when you can have the power and spirit to do so much. Astrid, I am with you, ok? Me and you, since we were young... we had an strong bond and... now... I feel like our bond is unbreakable..." As he finished, he moved closer to her, closing his eyes and moving, until their lips met in the moonlight glow.