Chapter 50

Chapter 50...
FEW DAYS LATER
"Babe can you pass me my necklace please?" Astrid and Hiccup were getting ready to meet Valka in town.
"Yeah where is it?" Hiccup said looking through Astrid's stuff.
"I think it's hung up on the small hook by the mirror?" Astrid said as she put her earrings in.
"Got it!" Hiccup walked over to her and put it around her neck. He put it on her and clipped it at the back, kissing Astrid's cheek once he had done it. Astrid smiled at him. Astrid always wore her necklace, it was very special to her.
"Where did you get that necklace? I always to get to ask." Hiccup asked watching Astrid fiddle with it in place.
"It was my grandmother's. She left it for me when she died a few years ago but it isn't just a necklace, it's a small locket." Astrid showed how the flower on the necklace opened up. There was a small single photograph that was inside. "Since my mum and dad used to travel all the time, I kept a photo of my family inside to remind me that it didn't matter how far away they are, they are always with me."
Hiccup sat next to her on the bed and looked at the photo inside which Asrird was looking at. It was a photo of her parents and her all cuddling together with Astrid in the middle. She must have been about 2 years old.
"It's beautiful, you really haven't changed to be honest." Hiccup said as he chuckled.
"Yeah I guess but I'm not as cheeky as I used to be back then..." She said.
Hiccup cleared his throat and looked away from her. "Well..."
"Hey!" Astrid laughed and punched Hiccup hard in the arm where he dramatically fell back on the bed. "Come on, let's go drama queen!"
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Do you have everything for your trip?" Hiccup and Astrid had visited Astrid's parents a few hours before they had to leave to go up to Scotland. They had their cases packed and were leaving soon.
"Yes, we need to leave in a minute so I guess we should probably say goodbye."
Hiccup and Astrid hugged her parents goodbye.
"Phone me when you get up to Scotland ok?" Astrid said as she was in the middle of hugging her mum.
"We will, we promise. I'm sorry we have to keep going away. But I promise when we get back we will go away all together just us and of course Hiccup if you would like to join us." Her mother said turning to Hiccup who was shaking Astrid's father's hand.
"I would love to." He smiled.
When she finished saying goodbye to her mother, Astrid moved to her father.
"I'll miss you guys!" She said as she breathed in her father's scent, remembering the smell of his aftershave he had always used since she was little.
"We will miss you too, but remember..." Her father said as he pulled away and pointed to the necklace she wore on her neck. "We are always with you, no matter where we are or where we go."
Astrid nodded and smiled as she hugged him one more time before they picked up their bags and put them in the car. Before they got in the car, Astrid's parents waved to the two who we stood by the door.
"Have a safe journey!" Astrid shouted as they got into the car. Hiccup and Astrid waved back as they drove down the road until we're out of sight.
"Dont worry, they'll be home soon." Hiccup said as he kissed Astrid's head.
"I know" she sighed.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
It had been 3 hours since Astrid's parents had left. Hiccup decided to invite the gang over for pizzas and a movie night together.
"I told you! I WASN'T SCARED!" Snotlout shouted after the twins were teasing him about pranking him earlier. They had scared him after sneaking up on him multiple times.
"You can't escape Loki!" Ruffnut said as she high fived her brother.
"Your bottom lip is still wobbling!" Fishlegs pointed out on Snotlout.
"Snotlout are you crying?" Hiccup asked laughing.
"NO! NO! ITS JUST DUST!" Snotlout sniffed.
Everyone laughed as they all grabbed a piece of pizza each and continued to watch movies.
*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ*
Astrid pulled out her phone to see her mother was calling her. They had only been gone around 3 hours. She stood up and walked away from the others in the lounge where the gang was and went into the kitchen.
"Hey mum, you got there really quick-"
"Is this Astrid Hofferson?" An unknown voice said.
"Um, yes it is"
"Miss Hofferson, I'm a paramedic. I'm sorry to say but your parents have been involved in a serious car accident."